Carlisle 2023

Isn't it usually Saturday at 10 in front of Dave's canopy?

Yes. I forgot about the group photo last year as I was so consumed with purchasing cuda parts.
I hang out over at the ebodies. org tent. Saturday we have a free lunch at the tent.
Friday night an diner night, Saturday night a parking lot pizza party.
I think I have N005 in the vendor spot and usually use it to put my parts in my vehicle and help anyone else that needs parts drop off without going outside the grounds. Gotta call and ask as I can't seem to find my receipt for the spot.

That is where we have done it in the past. Last year I was told that Dave sold all of his cars - is that true - I don't know. I was told he was there, but I missed seeing him.

I usually park my cars in the same area where Dave used to park. I'd be happy to host the photo shoot.

That is where we have done it in the past. Last year I was told that Dave sold all of his cars - is that true - I don't know. I was told he was there, but I missed seeing him.
I have his canopy that I got with the wagon. Wyatt got his convertible.

Finally getting back to Carlisle this year after not being there since 2012 ! Life, work and some serious health issues really got in the way but that's all changed so I'm going. Plus Dad is now 83 and in good health but you never know so we're going. Had reservations for 2020 but then well, you know. Anyway this year we'll be there.

Not bringing a C-body this year as most of my/our projects had been stalled also but that's also rapidly changing so maybe next year I'll get the Monaco back. Lost the engine back in '06 and fixing that basically turned into a full on restoration minus paint. Plus I need to buy a trailer...

Anyway see you all there, it sounds like there will be a good showing for C-bodies.

Scott

Finally getting back to Carlisle this year after not being there since 2012 ! Life, work and some serious health issues really got in the way but that's all changed so I'm going. Plus Dad is now 83 and in good health but you never know so we're going. Had reservations for 2020 but then well, you know. Anyway this year we'll be there.

Not bringing a C-body this year as most of my/our projects had been stalled also but that's also rapidly changing so maybe next year I'll get the Monaco back. Lost the engine back in '06 and fixing that basically turned into a full on restoration minus paint. Plus I need to buy a trailer...

Anyway see you all there, it sounds like there will be a good showing for C-bodies.

Scott

So glad to hear you and your dad are coming to Carlisle. Please feel free to stop by my tent, take a load off and have a cold libation (note: this invitation is good for every one). Did you find an engine to replace the one you lost?

So glad to hear you and your dad are coming to Carlisle. Please feel free to stop by my tent, take a load off and have a cold libation (note: this invitation is good for every one). Did you find an engine to replace the one you lost?

I rebuilt the 440 that was in it. It was just sick and really overheating. Owned it for 2 months before it went. Dumb to drive an unknown car that far in 100+ degree weather. When we got it on the dyno you could tell it was not happy. Ray walked in and said it just smelled bad. Tore it down right there and a found previous owner had put in short pistons seriously dropping the compression while sticking on a big carb, set of mucked with 906 heads and a stupid cam. Saved the block, forged crank and intake manifold. Rest is all new. Pretty much killed the budget for awhile. The rest of the project turned into "well, if I'm this far I'd better also do..."

See you there.

Not bringing a C-body this year as most of my/our projects had been stalled also but that's also rapidly changing so maybe next year I'll get the Monaco back.

As Ripinator said glad to you hear you are coming back to Carlisle this year, and you can also stop by our tent as well if you'd like to for some shade.

Plane tickets in hand. I will attend as a first timer this year. Thanks to @ayilar and @Boydsdodge for talking me into it. :D

Looking forward to catching up with my fellow C-body cohorts and meeting those whom I haven't yet met.

Plane tickets in hand. I will attend as a first timer this year. Thanks to @ayilar and @Boydsdodge for talking me into it. :D

Looking forward to catching up with my fellow C-body cohorts and meeting those whom I haven't yet met.
It will be great to have you join us. Tux and I will be happy to tour you around.

I'm going to Carlisle for the first time ever this year. Bringing my wife but not our 300. Any tips or advice? Where to eat, park, go, etc.? Or not? What not to miss? Any tips to keep an indulgent (but not a car person) spouse entertained?

I'm going to Carlisle for the first time ever this year. Bringing my wife but not our 300. Any tips or advice? Where to eat, park, go, etc.? Or not? What not to miss? Any tips to keep an indulgent (but not a car person) spouse entertained?

If yer coming from Virginia, you may want to travel the route we use - US 15. We usually leave for Carlisle at 06:00 and stop at Baker's in Dillsburg on Rt. 15 for a very good inexpensive breakfast - arrival afterwards at Gate 3 at about 07;30 or so. The food at the concessions at the meet is pretty good. I don't know what to say about how to keep a non-car person happy. Some shade, a libation and a seat will help. Several of us can provide that.

There is a woman's tent that is air conditioned. I've never been in it but I recall seeing it.

This is something we guys don't think about, but steer her towards the bathrooms under the bleachers. Full time attendants there and always very clean. That makes major points for a return visit. Keep some change for the attendants.

I always found parking at the school near the spectator gate to be the easiest, although street parking (if you can find it) is free. School parking is not.

Have fun, drink lot's of water, wear good shoes etc.

There's plenty to eat on the fairgrounds. I like the "Pennsylvania Dutch" place behind the bleachers myself.

Back