Cars that refuse to die... Or the owners who won't let them.

A color change after washing is not that far fetched.
In 1956 my dad bought a brand new Chevy Bel Air. He was in the Army and got posted from Vancouver to Ottawa, so we all piled in the Chevy and drove east. We got to Calgary and stopped to visit my aunt and uncle. Another aunt and uncle drove down from Edmonton to join the party. At one point my dad and both uncles drove off in the Chevy for a run upto Edmonton to visit another army buddy on a farm. The next day they returned driving a different car that was completely covered with prairie mud, his farm buddy didn't wash things. You couldn't see any color or even any badges to determine what brand it was. All the kids were "volunteered" in proper army fashion, to wash the car. It was a tri-tone 56 Buick Roadmaster. The roof was white, mid body was maroon and the lower body was grey. It was an amazing car on the highway, lots of power and very smooth.
:steering::thumbsup:

Last edited:
I've even missed some cars shows as a result, lol.
I was at a show in Tehachapi, CA, on a Sunday. While sitting in a restroom my phone rings and I answer it. My Buddy, John Hutchings, is on the other end. He says, "Hey Snotty, this is Sunday and I see your car at this show. You playing hooky?" I said, "No, I'm on vacation!! I get them you know!"

I have not been to a Sunday Show since!

This was the show, August, 2006.
IMG_1105.JPG

This is John, at Spring Fling, Van Nuys, April 2006.
IMG_0787.JPG

3EA18233-EEF1-4A3E-BEBB-AAC1456C317E.jpeg
@Tobias74 sent me this picture of a guy he met at the mall the other day. The guy drives this as his winter beater. I think it was his grandfathers but still....:realcrazy:

It was like -20C out that day as well :BangHead:

View attachment 265108 @Tobias74 sent me this picture of a guy he met at the mall the other day. The guy drives this as his winter beater. I think it was his grandfathers but still....:realcrazy:

It was like -20C out that day as well :BangHead:
Sad. The car obviously made it this far through care and service byf his grandfather. IMHO he is disrespecting his heritage.

Sad. The car obviously made it this far through care and service byf his grandfather. IMHO he is disrespecting his heritage.
I said something similar to Tobi at the time but he is keeping it on the road I guess rather than dissolving away in a field somewhere.

Back