Cars that refuse to die... Or the owners who won't let them.

Daily driver seen before
Pontiac_01.jpg
Pontiac_02.jpg

I see a lot of those setups but using Ford 8N tractors, which seem indestructible and everlasting. I had one at the place where I grew up - great little tractor.

I got to thinking, I had one of my own that I kept driving, even after three accidents. Here it is, a '61 VW. I was 19 or20 in this picture. We eventually put a Baja Kit on it; it helped to remove much of the damaged panels.

SCAN0037.JPG

Out of my own stable: my winter beater/ toolbox on wheels

2rh0okp.jpg

Bought it in 04 with some minor rust issues for 175 Euro. Fixed those and put on an extra 100K miles since (odometer is almost 200K now), and is still running like a clock.

I see you have 62+ tail lights on it. I did the same with mine.
Yes, they came off of a '64. I did a lot of junk-yard hopping with my Dad to put that thing back together. Front fenders were '67 with the flat headlights. Decklid was from a '63. Front suspension was '65: I hit a rock on Christmas Eve when I was 16. I was trying to avoid another VW that didn't even know I was passing; it turned left right in front of me. I went into the ditch trying to avoid the accident. She never saw me and I didn't see the rock until I hit it, after hitting her.

Back