Chain the motor!

IDUNNO? chain works pretty good in bro in laws challenger leave a little loose no vibration without it pistol grip practically throws console out the pass window. Oh yeah and its cheap and been working for years on many a car, even on cars from lesser manufactures.

th.jpg

Can also use these works good on a bodies, c bodies?

th.jpg

I'm a cheap ***, so Im going to chain it. How about when Poly-Locs weren't available? Everyone chained and its proven to work! Also solid mounts is an option, but they make for feeling everything and I'm sure the noise level is increased and everything over time will shake loose..LOL.

Going the chain route is brutal but nothing works better other than solid mounting it with 1/4" plate bracket.
And that's a lot of work.

Yeah,I hear that. It is a cheap way of doing it, but my budget right now is chaining. I will get the Polys eventually, but for now the latter will do. I'll be taking it to the track in a few weeks, so the chain is piece of mind.

I'm cheap too, but my original motor mounts may as well have been elmers glue by the time I changed them. I was originally going to go with factory repro's but at the last minute changed my mind.

I can't drive an old car without fresh motor mounts.
I have this image of doing 65 on the highway and the engine falling down...

I located the "torque" strap. It looks like a factory installed piece that includes the cable, a special stepped spacer and bolt & nut. It was on the left motor mount on my 300 and the engine shows no sign of ever having been removed.... I suppose I should clean it up and put it back on.

This is what I need for my car. If anybody has one or knows of one for sale let me know. Thanks.

Back