Convertible tops , Boots and well liners

Not sure what " off white" means. The original top on #2 is white... Dodge didn't specify off white when new so I suppose that "off" needs to be clarified.... Will?

Yes 1970 had glass from original..... to the best of my knowledge

"off white" is a pretty generic term. The shade of white would be the same for the entire Mopar convertible line up I would think.
All Mopar convertibles changed to glass rear windows in 1967. Although the 66-67 bodys were very similar, the top design was changed in 67 and the rear glass window won't interchange.

The plastic clips, although carry different part numbers from "C" body and "B" body's, are reproduced and will interchange with each other. Legendary carries them for around $5.00 each. I think "C" body's require 29.

i agree, good discussion.. the thing i was wondering is, has anyone put a top on themselves..? from what I've heard, having this done professionally can be quite costly.. if someone has done this, can you try to rate the difficulty.. also, has anyone removed the frame to paint it, this may be a bit overboard but if the roof has been stripped already why not go that extra mile, when will this opportunity present itself again..

I wouldnt do it myself. I once had one replaced in my 69 Sport Fury, first time I put the top down the rear window shattered. They replaced the glass for free..... Then again, with a garage and space I might be up to the challenge. :eusa_think::eusa_think:

Here is a question I have been pondering: as stated I intend to go white top and interior, in original style. Would the boot look better white, or in burnt orange to match the car. My concern is with a white interior and boot would it be too much?

Here is a question I have been pondering: as stated I intend to go white top and interior, in original style. Would the boot look better white, or in burnt orange to match the car. My concern is with a white interior and boot would it be too much?

I don't think white boot and interior are too much at all in fact I think it looks great. My Red 68 has white interior with white boot (top black though) and my old 70 Satellite had white interior and white boot and white top.

Most boots matched the color of the interior.

My problem is, burnt orange car, black interior and white top..... the black interior may become white.

To answer your question, no, go with the white boot. You wont regret it

Most boots matched the color of the interior.

My problem is, burnt orange car, black interior and white top..... the black interior may become white.

To answer your question, no, go with the white boot. You wont regret it

Which will look spectacular Dave

It will be a white interior, white top and the carpet burnt orange. And most likely the boot as well. Never liked the black, so it won't be original. As I said the seat stitching will be in original pattern. Maybe borrow the Navajo look from the Newport. Found the material, sure is tempting.

I like a black carpet but after seeing that 70 last week with the burnt orange carpet, I could see why you'd do it

Although I see the replacement boots made available in many colors, I believe the boots were only available in black or white. Corporate rule said white interior .... white boot and black interior .... black boot. With colored interiors the boot matched the top color.

I installed my top with the help of an experienced trimmer, not a big deal but it took longer then the time the flat rate allows... 7 hours. Multiply the 7 hour flat rate by your trim shops hourly rate for installation cost. Plus top.

A paint touch up of the folding frame is easier with the top removed. But to do the job right the entire frame should come apart and be refinished. Up until the mid 60's sometime, Depending on the car line, a white top was installed on a white frame and a black top installed on a black frame.

Here is an original boot for a 70 I once had

188802 2002 rear seat.jpg

You wont see me disagree with Will too often but in 1970 the only color interior on the Polara Convertible was Black, White, Blue or Green. Those are the boot colors I have seen on them, all matched the interior color

188802 2002 rear seat.jpg

Back