Convertible tops , Boots and well liners

Dang......I need to get a drop top!

5981949297_cc8c061d0a_b.jpg

A friend's 70 Fury had a blue boot that matched the interior. I'm 99% sure that was an original boot. The car was black with a white top.

At Carlisle last year, I was parked next to a yellow 70 300 with a white top. It had a tan boot that matched the interior. There should be some pics on one of the Carlisle threads. I talked with the owner and the boot was a little rough and he was looking to replace it. From talking to him, I believe that was also an original boot.

A friend's 70 Fury had a blue boot that matched the interior. I'm 99% sure that was an original boot. The car was black with a white top.

At Carlisle last year, I was parked next to a yellow 70 300 with a white top. It had a tan boot that matched the interior. There should be some pics on one of the Carlisle threads. I talked with the owner and the boot was a little rough and he was looking to replace it. From talking to him, I believe that was also an original boot.

IMG_1338.jpg

That it John?

IMG_1338.jpg

Yes!!

You know Bruce?

I know Bruce well enough for him to tack me down and talk to me for hours. Bruce is one of the friendliest guys at Carlisle and a very knowledgeable C body guy.

He put on some very nice burnout performances

I know Bruce well enough for him to tack me down and talk to me for hours. Bruce is one of the friendliest guys at Carlisle and a very knowledgeable C body guy.

He put on some very nice burnout performances

Bruce likes to talk.... I've known him for years and I even worked with him for a while. He's a great guy.

Bruce likes to talk.... I've known him for years and I even worked with him for a while. He's a great guy.

Hes always got Road wheel parts for sale.

I met Bruce back when he had that Fury, I guess about 12-13 years ago

Hes always got Road wheel parts for sale.

I met Bruce back when he had that Fury, I guess about 12-13 years ago

Bruce has my A12 now and I bought my 300 from him.

I'll tell some Bruce stories when I see you at Carlisle.

You wont see me disagree with Will too often but in 1970 the only color interior on the Polara Convertible was Black, White, Blue or Green. Those are the boot colors I have seen on them, all matched the interior color

I stand corrected. I somehow got it in my head that white and black were the only boot colors available, in 69-70, but I do recall seeing boots color keyed to interiors at Carlisle last July.

Bruce has my A12 now and I bought my 300 from him.

I'll tell some Bruce stories when I see you at Carlisle.

IMG_1300.jpg

Theres a shot of Bruces old Fury. I have a great (on film) photo and a great video of his car in the Burnout pit at Carlisle with the Flag poking through the smoke..... that was a sight to see.

IMG_1300.jpg

I've driven that car... several times. It's a great driving car.

That car has a pretty wild history.... It was wrecked around 1971-72 and was bought by a local body shop owner for a project for his son. The car was pretty bad from what I heard (from the son) and he did a lot of work and then drove the car to high school.

The car changed hands a few times after that until Bruce got it.

When Bruce bought it, one quarter had been messed up (I think another accident) and it wasn't fixed right. He screwed around with it for a number of years and finally he got the quarter replaced. Bruce painted the car himself.

He sold it a few years after that so he could buy another car... the 300 that I now own.

Back