Convertible tops , Boots and well liners

Found a pic of Bruce in the pits at Carlisle

Bruce@Carlisle.jpg

Bruce@Carlisle.jpg

can anyone suggest a reputable place in Ontario to buy and have a top put on my car..? i have watched a few how to videos and from what i can see there is to much room for error and I'm not comfortable with attempting it..

so i found a guy in Toronto (TM custom auto trim and glass) to put a roof on my vert... for $1500.. takes him a week.. went down last week to see him and look at his work.. nice.. had 2 in his shop that were under way.. he uses '' ez-on '' has anyone had experience with or heard of these tops..?

I have not, which is why I was asking about tops. I have looked around a bit but I prefer the original grain which seems to be getting harder to find.

137743 2014 top glass.jpg

Hard to tell with that clean bright top of yours Will. Please look at the dusty grain of this top and tell me if it is the same as yours...:sSig_thanks:

137743 2014 top glass.jpg

It should be. Pinpoint Vinyl was used '65-'68 then the Crush Vinyl was used.

Everything of what I have seen is NOT this vinyl but this is what they are supposed to be and in my opinion the best looking material

Everything of what I have seen is NOT this vinyl but this is what they are supposed to be and in my opinion the best looking material

If you click on Will's eBay link, it has a shot of the grain. If you must have NOS (like me) SMS should have the original material.

it has a shot of the grain. If you must have NOS (like me) SMS should have the original material.

Thats what I didnt see, the damn square as big as life.

Dont need NOS for number two, eventually number one will need NOS

The grain on my top is really close to the grain on that black top Dave. I suppose if concourse correct is what your after, you could have a top custom made.

The grain on my top is really close to the grain on that black top Dave. I suppose if concourse correct is what your after, you could have a top custom made.

Thats what I need to know Will. Since you may have the wagon at Carlisle I wont be able to check it out...but now that I think of it you didnt have the top up once at last years event.
I doubt I will have a new top on that car by then but I was trying to get a gauge on things for when I do. I also needed to find out about the boots and well liners

Back