Craig (Mobileparts)

So - to everyone following this thread:

I spoke with Craig yesterday - he is nearly ready to go home, and has been working his butt off to ensure that he can. His benefits have expired, so he needs to be out of there by mid February. The facility costs $14,000 a month, so it's obvious that he's in a good place, but sadly will not be able to afford to stay there.

The good news is his efforts are paying off - he has been working on the stairs thing at the facility so that he can make the stairs at his place. His upper body strength is very much improved - so much so that he was given a "day pass" to go out with a helper friend, and he was able to get himself up into his van, and get it started! This is truly great, because he'll be able to start getting out to sell parts at car shows etc.

While he won't be anywhere near what he calls 100%, the improvements are quite steady. He has accepted that he'll never walk again properly, and most likely will need to use a walker for the rest of his life, but he is bound and determined to make the best of it. Man, what we all could take away from a few conversations with him about battling adversity and not giving up!!

His inablilty to communicate here on the site is due to some nutty Wifi protocols at the rehab facility, and he'll be getting that worked out once he's back home.

He sends you all his love, and thanks for the uplifting messages of support.

I spoke to him yesterday as well. Good conversation if not a little short as I was still working but man he is an inspiration!

Spoken by Winston Churchill but applicable today:
“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”
And as a Post Script:
“Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.”

God Speed Craig
Omni

The news on justice for Craig is less heartening, as the lawyers who have been inolved with him so far have, sadly, decided that they are not the right ones to pursue his case. He has a year to secure representation and move forward with seeking justice.

I fervently hope this can happen for him.

Wow... just efing WOW... Craig, so glad you're on the mend, so sorry and flabbergasted that this happened to you. I only just noticed this and after reading through, you have been an inspiration... keep at and count me amongst the crowd waiting for you to post again and cheering you on in your recovery.

Craig, We are anxiously waiting, hoping and praying for good news from you. Be assured that you are not forgotten. Keep up the good fight! Lindsay

Hey all,

I just had another chat with Craig - he returns to his own place in a week, but until then, he has no ability to communicate on line. Once he's home, the tablet that was purchased for him will start to work and I guarantee we'll be hearing from him! He sends everyone his love, and wants you to know how much your messages buoy his spirits, and helps him maintain his energy to get back in the saddle and continue soldering on.

I can tell you that he sounds better and stronger every time I speak with him, and he's a planner - he gets a goal in mind and then figures out how to get there. He's doing that with his rehab, and what will be the ways he needs to adapt to his situation to permit him to continue with his life and career.

He is so determined, and we all could take lessons from that.

He is also still trying to secure legal representation and has a couple of lawyers who may be able to help him. He has called over 100 lawyers, but to no avail so far, but he remains hopeful with the latest bunch he's talked to. I scratch my head that he hasn't had success in securing good representation - and this is through no fault of his own. I hope and pray he gets satisfaction in this.

Hey all,

I just had another chat with Craig - he returns to his own place in a week, but until then, he has no ability to communicate on line. Once he's home, the tablet that was purchased for him will start to work and I guarantee we'll be hearing from him! He sends everyone his love, and wants you to know how much your messages buoy his spirits, and helps him maintain his energy to get back in the saddle and continue soldering on.

I can tell you that he sounds better and stronger every time I speak with him, and he's a planner - he gets a goal in mind and then figures out how to get there. He's doing that with his rehab, and what will be the ways he needs to adapt to his situation to permit him to continue with his life and career.

He is also still trying to secure legal representation and has a couple of lawyers who may be able to help him. He has called over 100 lawyers, but to no avail so far, but he remains hopeful with the latest bunch he's talked to. I scratch my head that he hasn't had success in securing good representation - and this is through no fault of his own. I hope and pray he gets satisfaction in this.
Go, Craig, go!
If you let Him deal with this, you will be amazed by the outcome!

Shows how deep the intimidation and corruption lie. Lawyers should be able to go up against the cops without fear. Finding a GOOD lawyer is much like finding a good doctor or a good mechanic...once you find one, you never want to let them go away.

Craig, it's great to hear about your progress. I truly hope and pray you are able to resume life as close as possible as what you had prior to the assault.

Craig, great to hear of your progress! You have many wishing you well and praying for you. Continue the good fight- both physically and legally. You WILL overcome! Lindsay

Hey all,

Thanks Ross. If he believes that he will be able to make it to Carlisle this year let him know that I can give him some help and I’m sure that others would be willing to help him.

Thanks Ross. If he believes that he will be able to make it to Carlisle this year let him know that I can give him some help and I’m sure that others would be willing to help him.
I will pass that message on.

In fact, that's one of his biggest concerns - the challenge of loading/unloading his van at home and at shows.

What some of us may not know is that parts vending at shows is a major part of Craig's income, the rest of which is sales from his home/warehouse. His whole spring summer and fall is typically spent going to all the big shows, as far as he can travel. He single-handedly loads up his van with specific parts related to the make of the various shows, secures his spot (sometimes having to pay a hefty deposit 6 mos to a year in advance), attends the show, sells, goes home, single-handedly unloads and loads up for the next one.

We're talking tons of brake parts, springs, fuel pumps, front end, and other related NOS and NORS parts he has.

At the moment, and for the foreseeable future (at least a few years until he gets his mobility back), the ability to load and unload his parts into and out of his van has been stolen from him, and hence his ability to make money. At the moment, all he could likely do is go to a show to be present in his booth, and take orders to be fulfilled by delivery. This adds to cost for potential buyers, and will reduce his bottom line.

What he needs are helpers - somebody to load him up at home, and somebody to help him unload and load at the shows.

It's not just Mopar - he does all the FOMOCO, GM, AMC, STUDEBAKER and other mixed make shows.

It's all been robbed from him, in terms of his ability to take stock to and from these shows.

If anyone in NY can help him at home, and then we can build a string of people willing to help out at shows, we can keep the wolf from his door. He will never say it, but I know that this is worrying him sick.

Who can help? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Over a hundred lawyers afraid to take the case?
Time to change the channel.
I hear you, but metaphors aside, to which channel do you suggest him to change to?

I'm interested, because I'd be in the same boat if it had happened to me - I'm sure he'd welcome suggestions as to how to go about this differently and gain the confidence with some sort of legal representation to take this on.

I hear you, but metaphors aside, to which channel do you suggest him to change to?

I'm interested, because I'd be in the same boat if it had happened to me - I'm sure he'd welcome suggestions as to how to go about this differently and gain the confidence with some sort of legal representation to take this on.

You seem to be confused.
My response was not to Craig but to the post regarding a conspiracy theory.

I will pass that message on.

In fact, that's one of his biggest concerns - the challenge of loading/unloading his van at home and at shows.

What some of us may not know is that parts vending at shows is a major part of Craig's income, the rest of which is sales from his home/warehouse. His whole spring summer and fall is typically spent going to all the big shows, as far as he can travel. He single-handedly loads up his van with specific parts related to the make of the various shows, secures his spot (sometimes having to pay a hefty deposit 6 mos to a year in advance), attends the show, sells, goes home, single-handedly unloads and loads up for the next one.

We're talking tons of brake parts, springs, fuel pumps, front end, and other related NOS and NORS parts he has.

At the moment, and for the foreseeable future (at least a few years until he gets his mobility back), the ability to load and unload his parts into and out of his van has been stolen from him, and hence his ability to make money. At the moment, all he could likely do is go to a show to be present in his booth, and take orders to be fulfilled by delivery. This adds to cost for potential buyers, and will reduce his bottom line.

What he needs are helpers - somebody to load him up at home, and somebody to help him unload and load at the shows.

It's not just Mopar - he does all the FOMOCO, GM, AMC, STUDEBAKER and other mixed make shows.

It's all been robbed from him, in terms of his ability to take stock to and from these shows.

If anyone in NY can help him at home, and then we can build a string of people willing to help out at shows, we can keep the wolf from his door. He will never say it, but I know that this is worrying him sick.

Who can help? Any suggestions?

Ross,

Has Craig spoken to an attorney at:

The Matera Law Firm

560 Broadhollow Road, Suite 303
Melville, NY 11747

Phone: (516) 744-5449

Civil Rights Attorneys in Long Island, NY

I do not know anything about the firm but I used to be a claims manager dealing with civil rights cases in New England and it looks like they might be the right firm based on their website.

Swap meet spaces at the Carlisle Nationals are $90 each for a 10 x 20' space and Craig would need at least 2 spaces. I can help him with some unloading (I have back issues) and can help in other ways since I am not vending at Carlisle this year. Suggest you post the town or area of Long Island that Craig lives in to try to get him help loading up.

Back