Craig (Mobileparts)

@Jakter said

You seem to be confused.
My response was not to Craig but to the post regarding a conspiracy theory.

LOL - that could well be. :lol:
Regardless, he's called over 100 lawyers, none of which have wanted to take the case, even though he's got all the documentation and such to make it a very strong one. Apparently these lawyers are all interested in the case until they hear which police department it is, and then suddenly they back away from it. Conspiracy theory or not, their consistent reaction makes one think...

Ross,

Has Craig spoken to an attorney at:

The Matera Law Firm

560 Broadhollow Road, Suite 303

Melville, NY 11747

Phone: (516) 744-5449

Civil Rights Attorneys in Long Island, NY

I do not know anything about the firm but I used to be a claims manager dealing with civil rights cases in New England and it looks like they might be the right firm based on their website.

Swap meet spaces at the Carlisle Nationals are $90 each for a 10 x 20' space and Craig would need at least 2 spaces. I can help him with some unloading (I have back issues) and can help in other ways since I am not vending at Carlisle this year. Suggest you post the town or area of Long Island that Craig lives in to try to get him help loading up.

Thanks Bill - I will pass that on to him.

I hear you, but metaphors aside, to which channel do you suggest him to change to?

I'm interested, because I'd be in the same boat if it had happened to me - I'm sure he'd welcome suggestions as to how to go about this differently and gain the confidence with some sort of legal representation to take this on.
If his latest attorneys won't take his case, he should probably take heed of what they are telling him the reason is for not taking his case. Knowledge is power. Beyond that, I'd start a letter writing campaign ot every politician, local, state and federal who represent his area. Also to every news outlet he can think of, TV, newspaper, etc. Oh, and he should cc everyone so they all know everyone's aware of what has and is happening.

If his latest attorneys won't take his case, he should probably take heed of what they are telling him the reason is for not taking his case. Knowledge is power. Beyond that, I'd start a letter writing campaign ot every politician, local, state and federal who represent his area. Also to every news outlet he can think of, TV, newspaper, etc.

All of a sudden they say "oh, we're too busy", or "that's out of our league". This is after two or three meetings and exchanges of documents.

The reason the recent train derailment in East Palastine, OH has gotten so much attention is that it has become political. I don't care who the police department is, they're not above the crushing power of state and federal politicians who are trying to make a name for themselves in an upcoming election.

@Jakter said

You seem to be confused.
My response was not to Craig but to the post regarding a conspiracy theory.

LOL - that could well be. :lol:
Regardless, he's called over 100 lawyers, none of which have wanted to take the case, even though he's got all the documentation and such to make it a very strong one. Apparently these lawyers are all interested in the case until they hear which police department it is, and then suddenly they back away from it. Conspiracy theory or not, their consistent reaction makes one think...
What difference does it make what Police Dept it is ?

There are times when the ACLU should be contacted. I'm not suggesting they are the "silver bullet" needed here, but maybe they can help provide leverage, or recommend a law group that will go to bat for Craig.

Yeah, I've heard lots of opinions and stories about the ACLU. That can be a separate thread in the appropriate forum if you feel like making a comment about the ACLU.

He is also still trying to secure legal representation and has a couple of lawyers who may be able to help him. He has called over 100 lawyers, but to no avail so far,
if Craig was a black man and all the cops were white he would have no problems getting attorneys to handle this. they probably wood have been crawling out of the woodwork to handle this case. or if this was a piece of **** scumbag that this happened too there cop hating attorneys even the ACLU would be involved wanting this case. they would be looking to get big $$$$$$$$ from this. there is definatly some reason why nobody wants to handle this case.

if Craig was a black man and all the cops were white he would have no problems getting attorneys to handle this. they probably wood have been crawling out of the woodwork to handle this case. or if this was a piece of **** scumbag that this happened too there cop hating attorneys even the ACLU would be involved wanting this case. they would be looking to get big $$$$$$$$ from this. there is definatly some reason why nobody wants to handle this case.
Sorry to say, if he were black he’d be dead.

Hang in there Craig!

I'm volunteering my services to help set up the vending spot for you, and help load up when the show is over. I'll start setting aside some funds so there is less to load up at the end of the weekend.

Sorry to say, if he were black he’d be dead.
Sorry to have to give what I believe is my first X ever here, but we don't need a comment like that here.
And I don't want this to derail our concern for Craig, but a myth needs dispelled.

There's data that shows that cops are NOT killing black men like hotcakes as the news would suggest.
And a black man age 15-40 is *far* more likely to be killed by another black man than a policeman.
None of that is popular with national agendas, though.
Rant off.

No.
Turn off the Fear And Hatred channel.

Hang in there Craig!

I'm volunteering my services to help set up the vending spot for you, and help load up when the show is over. I'll start setting aside some funds so there is less to load up at the end of the weekend.
I would be glad to help. Will be there. You have my number.

So - I would like to thank everyone on behalf on Craig for their words of support and hope. I know that your messages have really helped him.

What I ask (with the greatest respect), is that we end the discussion and commentary regarding our opinions on why Craig is having challenges getting legal representation.

Bringing racial or conspiracy aspects directly into this thread will serve no purpose other than to potentially cloud the real thrust of this thread, which is to keep FCBO members aware of his situation, and his progress towards regaining his life, and how we could help.

I apologize for my role in any of that.

Let's keep it focussed on Craig please from here on.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
Back