Craig (Mobileparts)

Respectfully, regardless of if there is more to the story, it feels misplaced to me to discuss that here as I thought the point of this thread was to wish Craig well and maybe help out with his recovery.

Best wishes Craig, hope you'll make a full recovery.
I feel like I have to reiterate

If you’re referring to Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah“ it is best done by him or Jeff Buckley.
Thank you, Matt:

Most importantly: Craig, I am glad to read your posts and see that you are on your way back!

Last week, when I was set up at the Carlisle Show, Wednesday morning I went to see Craig. The son of one of his friends had set up his canopy, put up his tables and put his inventory out for him. He was doing the best he could putting out the lighter parts he had. He was using a walker and talked about having "6 legs"! I wanted to give him a hug but I had to be careful because his back is still screwed up. He was very despondent and near tears at one point. He said he was seeing lawyers, the ones that got back to him, on Monday. I had some personal items that I thought belonged to his grandfather. So Wednesday evening I went back to see him and see how he was doing. He was sitting in the van, on the phone, doing business! I asked him about his grandfather and he just lit right up! He told me about working for him when he was a kid and the deals he made and he had this big grin on his face! So I felt pretty good about brightening up his day! The personal items were not his grandfather's.

Last edited:
One correction, Charlie --- I set up everything , light or heavy --- I just had my friend's kid put the milk crates where it made the most sense....
I set up myself, and broke it down by myself.... to beat the Saturday rain event , I was packing things back into the milk crates until 10 : 00 P.M. Friday night....
It was rugged but I made it happen, to some extent....

Good to see you, Charlie.....

Last edited:
As I said in my message to you, Craig (in response to your phone message report), I am so f'n pleased to hear you did this, and got through it.

Keep at it, take note of the various challenges, and figure out the work-arounds.

You are an inspiration.

Last edited:
That changed when the conspiracy theorists decided to chime in on the inability to secure legal representation on a supposed slam dunk case against the police.
Troll.jpg

Thank you, Matt:

Most importantly: Craig, I am glad to read your posts and see that you are on your way back!

I saw Leonard Cohen at the Fox Theater in Detroit in about 2013 or so and it was easily one of the best live performances I’ve ever seen and I’ve seen A LOT of live music concerts.

@mobileparts I stand corrected! I was just so happy to see that you made it! I drove up on Saturday after I had packed up to see if you needed help and you were gone! The rain started when they said, 1 PM, and I was able to open up and make enough money Saturday morning to make the show worth while.

Hey Charlie / MaxWedgeCharl,
I had my friend's kid from 10:30 - 11:30 Saturday morning for pack up... he had an 11:30 - 1:00 and a 1:00 - 2:00.
I called him at 8:30 A.M. to confirm, he said " yes "... He called me back at 9 : 00 A.M., to say " how about now ?? "
I replied that there would be no point, I need 45 more minutes --- so I told him, I would call him back when I was ready, I needed about 45 more minutes, but I would accommodate his request to start early....

I called him back at 9 : 48, and the pack took EXACTLY one hour, 9 : 53 A.M. to 10 : 53 A.M. !!! I did the Front Seat and was completed at 11 : 09 A.M. --- so maybe it cost me some sales, but everything was safe and sound in my van.... I stayed in my spots, and actually spoke to some people... One guy wanted a Master Cylinder for a Dodge W W II military vehicle --- and I told him that we can pull it out of the van if he wants it !!! --- but he " pansied out "
" I'll give you a call ..." he said...,

I stayed on my spot until exactly 1 : 00 , and then went to the Carlisle office to pay for Ag Hall / Automania 2024 and Spring Carlisle 2024....

The first rain drops were at 1 : 38 P.M. and it was already Heavy Rain Fall at 1 : 50 P.M. .....
I went to get a hot lunch --- and after 5 1/2 days in the van, my left leg and knee were so sore --- and I was meeting Eddie Sunday morning to pick up some called in merchandise --- so I checked into the Econo Lodge for Saturday night --- took a hot shower CAREFULLY , and stretched out my leg on the B E D !!!

So, apparently, I missed you Saturday, but I was far from done !?! Yours, Craig....

Last edited:
So, here is an update in life, on the tablet that you guys all bought for me, thank you again....
As you read, with the help of my friend's kid, I was able to do Spring Carlisle (not a good Mopar event at all),
with not as juicy a spread as normal ( I had to leave an avenue for my van to get out, God Forbid....) , but the customers themselves would help me pull the items they needed out of the van, so it worked....

It is clearly NOT EASY, doing it in a walker, but the good news is, that I CAN do it, provided I can have the assistance to set up and break down.... I had to pay for it, of course, when all these years I have done it myself for FREE, but , obviously, now, I have issues, thanks to those dirtbag cops destroying the left side of my body....

I am presently working with two lawyers ( I have more phone numbers, but haven't contacted them yet ) who were supposed to call me back, and naturally, they didn't call me back the entire time I was at Spring Carlisle and during the four days after Spring Carlisle, while I was unloading the van ( I bought $ 1200 of those clear plastic
gas filters you've seen on my counters --- that is where I meet up with my supplier, for FREE Shipping...), filling orders from Spring Carlisle, etc., etc.....

I called them both back yesterday, and got fed more rhetoric, and alerted them that they are both aware that my
" 50 H " hearing is on Monday, May 8th.... which I included with all the paperwork I included that they requested...
This " 50 H " hearing is the preliminary hearing before a judge, to, I suppose ( obviously , I have never had to do anything like this in my life... ) to give him the FACTS of the situation... So clearly, I am on my own ---- since neither lawyer will be by my side for this ( they both say that it is not necessary --- they said I can just tell the judge that I am still working on legal representation...) Real nice that they are " too busy " to help me, to be by my side, and they don't even call me back....

I am going to tell you --- I really wish I didn't have to deal with all of this --- but what these dirtbag cops did to me has caused some unbelievable extra expense in my life, what they stole from me --- so far, the $ 3000 of state quarters, my Jewelry Box, and my Vikings Starter Jacket , so far --- and MOST IMPORTANTLY --- my extremely compromised life, because I CAN NOT WALK, like a normal human being, directly because of their actions ---
Civil Rights violations, , Police Brutality , etc., etc., and a permanent loss of income , etc., etc...

If I knew how to put pictures in here --- and maybe, I can have someone help me do that. I will have the pictures that my friends took, that I made copies, depicting how those dirtbag cops destroyed and ransacked my place,
And, of course, I had to have my friend's help me, and I had to rent U Hauls (at my expense), hire day workers ( at my expense), and put a bunch of my merchandise in storage units (at my expense --- and my continuing expense)
to make this place wheelchair and walkeraccessible.... I am sitting in my wheelchair presently, as I am typing this to you all now....

As you all read this, ask me any questions you have, or anything that you want to know, because
A) I will be more than happy to answer anything you want to know , and
B) It might trigger some thought or idea that I need to think of, know, or question.

I still do ask for your continued thoughts and Prayers --- because with all my extra expenses , it is even that much more difficult to get to the break even point in life ...... and a couple of the shows I used to do, are now, no longer... how about that ???

Any time anyone asks me how I am, I have two (2) words --- " I'm Trying...." --- I sure don't say, " good " .....

Thanks for all your thoughts, words, and Prayers to this point... I am not quitting now....

I have the Rhinebeck car show on Friday, May 5th (Cinquo de Mayo) through Sunday, May 7th --- and my friend, Mike, up there, has procured a young man, whom I am hiring to help with set up and breakdown,
and then, I have that " 50 H " hearing on Monday, May 8th....

I will report back to everyone here.... Yours, Craig.....

( DETMATT--- IF you can do your magic, and put this on "B" bodies, THANK YOU...)

Last edited:
Hey Bill / Fury GT,
I am a 19th & 20th century guy --- I don't know how to text.... ( I am not ready for this 21st century !!! )
Craig.....
I can still type 80 words a minute --- even on a typewriter.....( what's that ?!?! )

I had the pleasure of speaking with Craig on the phone for nearly an hour Thursday night. I don't think anything can break Craig's spirit to survive, get better and he is so thankful that he is still alive. He sounded very up beat during on conversation.

Craig will be at the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, PA in July. He will need help setting up and taking things down and perhaps with getting some heavy stuff out of his van for customers. he isn't sure if he will be there to set up on Tuesday or Wednesday. I told him that I will be there Wednesday and will help him to the extent that I can physically can. I am not vending this year and plan on having a car on the show field. Sadly, it won't be my '71 GT but I am putting a 1968 Fury back together and hope that it is ready for the show.

It would be great if anyone who will be at Carlisle early could help with set up and help will also be needed with take down and packing up.

Hey Bill / Fury GT,
I am a 19th & 20th century guy --- I don't know how to text.... ( I am not ready for this 21st century !!! )
Craig.....
I can still type 80 words a minute --- even on a typewriter.....( what's that ?!?! )

PM with my email will be on it's way.

So, here is an update in life, on the tablet that you guys all bought for me, thank you again....
As you read, with the help of my friend's kid, I was able to do Spring Carlisle (not a good Mopar event at all),
with not as juicy a spread as normal ( I had to leave an avenue for my van to get out, God Forbid....) , but the customers themselves would help me pull the items they needed out of the van, so it worked....

It is clearly NOT EASY, doing it in a walker, but the good news is, that I CAN do it, provided I can have the assistance to set up and break down.... I had to pay for it, of course, when all these years I have done it myself for FREE, but , obviously, now, I have issues, thanks to those dirtbag cops destroying the left side of my body....

I am presently working with two lawyers ( I have more phone numbers, but haven't contacted them yet ) who were supposed to call me back, and naturally, they didn't call me back the entire time I was at Spring Carlisle and during the four days after Spring Carlisle, while I was unloading the van ( I bought $ 1200 of those clear plastic
gas filters you've seen on my counters --- that is where I meet up with my supplier, for FREE Shipping...), filling orders from Spring Carlisle, etc., etc.....

I called them both back yesterday, and got fed more rhetoric, and alerted them that they are both aware that my
" 50 H " hearing is on Monday, May 8th.... which I included with all the paperwork I included that they requested...
This " 50 H " hearing is the preliminary hearing before a judge, to, I suppose ( obviously , I have never had to do anything like this in my life... ) to give him the FACTS of the situation... So clearly, I am on my own ---- since neither lawyer will be by my side for this ( they both say that it is not necessary --- they said I can just tell the judge that I am still working on legal representation...) Real nice that they are " too busy " to help me, to be by my side, and they don't even call me back....

I am going to tell you --- I really wish I didn't have to deal with all of this --- but what these dirtbag cops did to me has caused some unbelievable extra expense in my life, what they stole from me --- so far, the $ 3000 of state quarters, my Jewelry Box, and my Vikings Starter Jacket , so far --- and MOST IMPORTANTLY --- my extremely compromised life, because I CAN NOT WALK, like a normal human being, directly because of their actions ---
Civil Rights violations, , Police Brutality , etc., etc., and a permanent loss of income , etc., etc...

If I knew how to put pictures in here --- and maybe, I can have someone help me do that. I will have the pictures that my friends took, that I made copies, depicting how those dirtbag cops destroyed and ransacked my place,
And, of course, I had to have my friend's help me, and I had to rent U Hauls (at my expense), hire day workers ( at my expense), and put a bunch of my merchandise in storage units (at my expense --- and my continuing expense)
to make this place wheelchair and walkeraccessible.... I am sitting in my wheelchair presently, as I am typing this to you all now....

As you all read this, ask me any questions you have, or anything that you want to know, because
A) I will be more than happy to answer anything you want to know , and
B) It might trigger some thought or idea that I need to think of, know, or question.

I still do ask for your continued thoughts and Prayers --- because with all my extra expenses , it is even that much more difficult to get to the break even point in life ...... and a couple of the shows I used to do, are now, no longer... how about that ???

Any time anyone asks me how I am, I have two (2) words --- " I'm Trying...." --- I sure don't say, " good " .....

Thanks for all your thoughts, words, and Prayers to this point... I am not quitting now....

I have the Rhinebeck car show on Friday, May 5th (Cinquo de Mayo) through Sunday, May 7th --- and my friend, Mike, up there, has procured a young man, whom I am hiring to help with set up and breakdown,
and then, I have that " 50 H " hearing on Monday, May 8th....

I will report back to everyone here.... Yours, Craig.....

( DETMATT--- IF you can do your magic, and put this on "B" bodies, THANK YOU...)
Keep the Faith!

Incidentally, one add on, that you might be curious to hear / know,
Equipped with the incident number, I drove to Police Headquarters, and asked for any audio and video evidence from this incident....
The clerk at the desk, who was wearing a police costume, must have pressed a button under the counter, because she was suddenly flanked by a police officer on either side....
One officer stated, " you have to have a good lawyer for that, they have to subpoena us for that " ...

So, I said, " Let me get this right... Four officers can destroy my life, destroy half my body, walk away, leave me a cripple for life, and you can keep this all secretive... what about the F O I L ??? ( I do everything in life --- prepared --- F O I L stands for Freedom Of Information Law...)

They all looked shocked that I would know that term, and the same officer reiterated,
" you have to have a good lawyer for that, they have to subpoena us for that " ....

I don't know why they had to have a police officer for that, they could have hired a parrot....

Yours, Craig....

Back