Dano's Used Mopar Parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does the same thing on the dock. It's maddening! You post a car for sale, and it's on page three in two days because of his (SuperB) insistance on continuous postings. Weird.

I just skip past all those ads/posts (except formals I've seen 3 or 4 times already:poke:) and mark them as read.

The difference is superB has no intention of buying anything or only posting a For Sale ad because it's of particular interest.

01414_dxdGn0PGJUi_600x450.jpg

Just seeing if there is possibly any interest for this car! I may buy it to resell. This car looks nice and it's originally from the south. Sits about 2 hrs from me. 383 2barrel 66 newport. A.c car.

I am starting to get a little pissed. Julian buys my car and pays me 2 weeks ago. His mover contacts me once. He takes some info from me and says when I can find a driver we will come get it. Julian says there one of the biggest movers in the u.s. If that is the case then why on earth are we waiting for a driver? It's taking forever. wtf.

Someone on a search for something specific... And I'm sure more than one found what he was searching for within these 500.

NOt if you are new to a group, usually you ease into it. All the signs pointed to it, happy to be wrong

I am starting to get a little pissed. Julian buys my car and pays me 2 weeks ago. His mover contacts me once. He takes some info from me and says when I can find a driver we will come get it. Julian says there one of the biggest movers in the u.s. If that is the case then why on earth are we waiting for a driver? It's taking forever. wtf.

A lot of cars are sitting now in the northeast due to the weather. A lot of trucks don't do their usual business.
I know several guys who have cars sitting that won't get picked up due to weather. Take it easy.

Carsten

I'm really sorry for you, Dan! I can't do anything. I contacted them again and they told me, they are doing what they can -_-

It's harder for me to wait for it...

That does suck but it's not unusual. I've shipped several cars and only 1 went down in a timely manner and that was Marks and he made those arrangements!

Okay. I am just having a hard time that a guy pays me for his car and he has to sit on it. I have never shipped one like this before. Weather is good here now. All of the snow melted and the deep freeze left. I just feel bad for Julian. I know when I want something really bad I want it asap.

Okay. I am just having a hard time that a guy pays me for his car and he has to sit on it. I have never shipped one like this before. Weather is good here now. All of the snow melted and the deep freeze left. I just feel bad for Julian. I know when I want something really bad I want it asap.

It may be gone, but they need to catch up.

I'm near Syracuse (the real upstate) myself and just in New York State, the north country got really hammered as did Buffalo. I was just working in Buffalo this week.

Other areas have had their share of bad weather and they don't have the resources to deal with it.

Dano, I shipped a '68 Bonneville ragtop commercially to Bremerhaven, Germany in 1999. The transporter picked it up at my home, loaded it right there on a nine-car hauler, and off it went straight to Houston, as it was the last car going on the truck to the port, according to the driver. It took two weeks for the hauler to actually show up in my driveway from the time it was scheduled for pickup. And this was in April, going to a port that doesn't see snow and ice...just hurricanes! Sometimes, it takes a while. The car is paid for and the arrangements are made; all that's left for you is watching it go on down the road. You, the buyer, and the shipper have no control over the weather. Plus, their shippers were probably idle during that big storm we all just had, so there is likely a backlog now. Patience.

Last edited:
I don't know who Julian got but the guy who called me was from California. I asked if it was going to be a big car hauler and he said, probably a 3 place trailer and he said he would have to find a driver. We will continue to wait.

It's hard for me to wait, sure! But most, I'm sorry for Dan, because he have a huge car sitting in his driveway. He said to me, that ithis is no problem for him (Thanks for that!) but I'm sure it is not so great for him.
They are definitely brokers. They told me, they put a request on some kind of a 'truckers portal' and then, they have to wait until a trucker have space on his trailer and pick it up.

in the meantime I read the Repair Manual. I shoot it on Ebay in summer for $1. Thanks to the seller for the misspell of the entire name! (69 reper manuel) :) :) :) And it's in very good condition!

I don't know why I'm thinking this but I have a feeling this "company" is waiting for a U-Ship bid.

That's the company that ship the car:

I don't know which way they use to find a truck... -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back