For Sale Details about 1970 Chrysler 300 Series Base trim with no vinyl roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samplingman

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
1970 Chrysler 300 Series Base trim with no vinyl roof | eBay

“74,000 miles. Needs cosmetics and some interior work and carpet. I bought it from South Carolina in 2012 with a seized engine. I bought a '71 300 running parts car and did an engine swap. This is a car you can drive anywhere. I have gone through the car mechanically myself. New radiator,transmission lines, HP manifolds, and complete dual exhaust system. It has electronic ignition. The fuel sending unit, speedometer cable, and tires and brake system. I have invested many hours to save this car. The frame is rock solid. There are some small rust through spots in the trunk area and front floors but very small issues. There is just one place behind the driver's seat in which should have a small section replaced. The blower doesn't work but the car gets heat when you are driving. The dashboard is tacky and the front seat and arm rest should be redone. It also needs a new headliner. There was rust around the front and rear windows which I repaired 2 years ago with Marine Tex. Needs finishing”
upload_2017-5-9_17-22-25.jpeg

upload_2017-5-9_17-18-29.jpeg

upload_2017-5-9_17-18-37.jpeg

upload_2017-5-9_17-18-47.jpeg

upload_2017-5-9_17-20-22.jpeg

upload_2017-5-9_17-20-37.jpeg

upload_2017-5-9_17-20-52.jpeg

upload_2017-5-9_17-21-26.jpeg

upload_2017-5-9_17-22-53.jpeg

upload_2017-5-9_17-23-56.jpeg

I love this car. Unfortunately he can sugar coat it all he wants but there is a ton of intensive metal replacement to be done.
Not too bad for some, but more than I could do.

I really like this car, as Stan mentioned, it's got some heavy issues, depending on your talents, abilities and or checkbook. Lol, but seems to be a great jumping off point for someone just getting in the hobby, or DD.

At least he is honest to show this picture as most would avoid showing it. Now what does the rear window channel look like? I remember when I first got my Dodge and went around cleaning it. When I got to the trunk and realized I couldn't see down in that crevice, called a quarter panel, I wondered who designed this. Ready made for dirt and moisture entrapment as seen. I do prefer how Ford put the gas tank towards the front of the trunk and the spare sits on top of it. Then you can look directly at the quarters where floor meets panel and clean easily.

s-l160220.jpg

I dunno on this one. I'm getting to a point where 'proper restoration/repairs' is so elusive that I get nothing done.
So I'm thinking that rear floorboard gets a quickie weld-patch, some hi-tech sticky-mesh on the trunk floor holes, and coat it all with Rhinolining from teh parts store. Install new headliner and carpet, fix the little bugs and go driving.

But I'd want to see the roofrust repairs first. This dude can abide a lot, but I cannot stand water drippage around my glass. BTDT.

I like it. Good colors. EV2?

It's a "stripper" 300, low options.

I see a super cruiser.......it has "Hurst/Sport Fury GT" exhaust tips......hot rod 300!

$6K may be optimistic, but you can always negotiate on price.

It has the optional bench seat in front. An quirkiness they should never have offered; it diluted the magic out of a 300 which should've been a bucket seat car only. - Come to think of it, any 2-door should've been a bucket seat only car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back