Disturbing night at my car show last night.

I haven't seen one of those spoons in, must be ten years. But then I never go in for coffee anymore and their drive-thru coffee is always pre-stirred. If those spoons are rare somebody's probably selling one on eBay.:laughing4:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-OLDER-MCD...186?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac2a7bafa

mxt9Y0LAz4b5pXoWhjLE90Q.jpg

The first outing for the 69 300 convertible was a popular friday cruise in near here.... last November. A bunch of young guys & girls, (early 20's), showed a lot of interest in the car... Mainly at how big it is. One young fellow after seeing the 300 insignia said he "didn't know there were Chrysler 300's back then".
I had the same experience when I rolled into the Tim Horton's lot around 10pm one evening in September '08. It was the first time I had driven my car since the summer of '98. To my surprise, I was swarmed by a crowd of guys and girls in their late teens to early twenties. They liked my car though most of them had no idea what it was. Yeah, they were amazed by it's size, even by the size of it's trunk alone. Comments ranged from "awsome car" to "it looks like a Charger" and, of course, questions about engine size and how I planned to finish the car. I was amazed myself because I never expected this much, if any, interest in a C-body.
When I drove my car ten years earlier in '98, it got very little attention at all and when it did, it was usually unfavorable. I remember one day when I was walking from my house to my car, which was parked in my driveway, a guy driving a van pulled in and asked if it was for sale. He then proceeded to tell me that he wanted it for a derby. I growled back at him that it wasn't for sale. Another time that same year (15 years ago), I was at an outdoor non-car related event and had just pulled into the campground, where there were quite a few nice cars cruising around. It was a beautiful summer afternoon so I had my windows down. I didn't have a stereo in my car and it was quiet enough outside that I could hear people talking. I drove past a younger couple that were walking. He was admiring a mid-seventies Camaro that was parked. It was done up with mag wheels, the obligatory hood scoop, etc. His girlfriend looked at my car and said "theres another nice old car". His response; "What that thing? It would be good in a demolition derby." Needless to say, I had to fight the urge to get out, punch his lights out and steal his girlfriend!:laughing4:I did notice something that summer though. Younger children seemed to like my car. When I pulled in to parking lots at malls, etc. kids would say things like "Hey Mom, look at that car" or "I like that car, it's cool."
These days it seems most of the younger people do like my car. So, maybe there is hope for our cars and our hobby after all. I've also been noticing that a lot of them are female. Go figure. Could my Newport be a chick magnet? LOL. There are a fair number of older people who like it too, but I've noticed that nearly all of the negative comments and dirty looks seem to be coming from the 40-70 year old crowd these days. Anyway, I find that my car receives more favorable attention, in general, now than it did fifteen years ago.:)

Last edited:
"Banned by DEA". Wow![/QUOTE]

I don't think they were banned but there must have been a very convincing suggestion that McDonalds quit supplying them..... They changed the design from the spoon to a spade in just a short time....... Spade worked pretty good too though..... Or so i'm told......!!!

Probably a lot tougher to kill a Polar Bear with the spade type then the spoon type.

These days it seems most of the younger people do like my car...
I've also been noticing that a lot of them are female.
I' going to paint "Free Candy" on my car, then....

Car show tonight. Will be interesting..........

Last edited:
Why does Houston come to mind now ?:thinker:

"Candy Man" serial killings. Just happened to read about this yesterday.

Bob came up with this guy from his hometown and somehow a little research in this case led me to the Houston case.

Back