Disturbing night at my car show last night.

There's usually a bunch of A, B, and E's at my cruise........not too many C's. I'm usually the only Formal. I have a friend that has a gorgeous GREEN 78 NYB that comes to the show about every week. I keep asking him to bring his NYB. He said if you seen my bumpers you would understand. They were horribly rechromed years ago and are toast now. I enjoy talking to him about Formals.....he has a yard full of cars and boats. I'll take a picture or two next time I'm near his house. He bought my old bumpers and I expect him to be parked next to me this year at the cruise.

I'll always give credit to the guy who shows up with a car that shows some original character, is in process, or just not up to show standards...... These are the real car guys who withstand the scorn of the spectators/critics who always have "a nicer car at home in the garage" but drove a 2013 Itchypussy to the show.

I agree 100% with that statement

Carsten

There is a Mopar club here in Birmingham that consists mainly of contempary Challengers, Chargers, Vipers etc. and a few 60's-70's B & E bodys. I think I have the only C body in the bunch.
I am a member but don't associate much. I don't think they get it.
It's like the Corvette/Mustang crowd..... They all have to park together and never wander outside their little area. I drive in with my Coronet or 300 and someone jumps up and tries to wave me into a "reserved" parking area near them. It's good to feel wanted... but no thanks.

I'll always give credit to the guy who shows up with a car that shows some original character, is in process, or just not up to show standards...... These are the real car guys who withstand the scorn of the spectators/critics who always have "a nicer car at home in the garage" but drove a 2013 Itchypussy to the show.

+1

I'll be going to my first big Mopar show on June 2nd. According to a fellow Cougar Club member, who also has a 1973 Polara sedan in State Air Resource colors, him and I will be the only Polaras there. I have seen shots and it is heavily into current Mopars and older cars with heavy coin spent on them. However, some of those guys don't know the difference between a pitman arm and tie rod end pullers. Of course, some do but just couldn't resist the urge to keep going and going and going.

Ditto +1 X 2.

A Canadian guy has been coming the last couple of years. An 80's Mustang convertible. Very boring car, actually.
But he took the infamous Moparts "Paint on a Budget" route using Rustoleum and a paint roller.
Started out at #80 grit and he's around #220 now. He'll be at #2000 wet/dry in other 5 - 6 years.
This is the kind of guys we need more of.

There is a Mopar club here in Birmingham that consists mainly of contempary Challengers, Chargers, Vipers etc. and a few 60's-70's B & E bodys. I think I have the only C body in the bunch.
I am a member but don't associate much. I don't think they get it.
It's like the Corvette/Mustang crowd..... They all have to park together and never wander outside their little area. I drive in with my Coronet or 300 and someone jumps up and tries to wave me into a "reserved" parking area near them. It's good to feel wanted... but no thanks.

x3............

I love the younger generation that shows up with a classic Mopar or any classic iron.

how often does that happen?

When I am at the Florida Mopar Nats in Ocala I feel the average age of the participants is close to 65

how often does that happen?

When I am at the Florida Mopar Nats in Ocala I feel the average age of the participants is close to 65

I see it more and more.......

Florida and Arizona are pretty much the senior citizen capitals of the U.S.

The first outing for the 69 300 convertible was a popular friday cruise in near here.... last November. A bunch of young guys & girls, (early 20's), showed a lot of interest in the car... Mainly at how big it is. One young fellow after seeing the 300 insignia said he "didn't know there were Chrysler 300's back then".

What is wrong is that people under 30 can't even tell what decade your car is from now, yet they know their families have only had Hondas since he was born. They'll tell you that they vaguely remember a grand father having "something like yours".

< Sent from my tablet >

Last edited:
What is wrong is that people under 30 can't even tell what decade your car is from now, yet they know their families have only had Hondas since he was born. They'll tell you that they vaguely remember a grand father having "something like yours".

< Sent from my tablet >

The same crowd thinks McDonald's always offered/sold breakfast!

Back