Divorce lawyer needs value for my 68 Sport Suburban

MadMez

Reaction score
The title says it all.

Details on the car, 383 2 barrel, non functioning a/c, 4 wheel power drum brakes, no wood grain, 6 passenger, column shift auto, nothing out of the ordinary.

But the thing is a total rat rod. Rear quaters are rusty, rust holes in the cargo area floor, paint is poor, interior needs complete replacement, head liner fell.

There is not a single part of the car not needing work. Its value to me is I like it.

Thanks for your help gentlemen.

ss and me.jpg

This has to do with dividing assets and dept. You take a higher asset you take the higher debt to go with it.

Personally I’d feel the car is probably $1500-$2500 in today’s market.

Alan

Tell him $800 to $1500. Take pictures of it to show him all the flaws too. I'm sorry to ask, but I guess she wants half the value of the car? Work it out man,.give her a item that's worth about the same so you can keep the car. I hate that ****. Sorry you're going through this.

A good way to value it is by finding similar vehicles in the same condition.Do a search thru ebay and craigslist and vary thru the years a little.Remember that for every repair needed you can deduct a certain amount of value to it. Another option is having an appraiser giving you a value,or take it to a body shop for a repair estimate and you can start subtracting that from one in clean condition.

sell it to a friend for $1000, Wink, Wink. give her $500 and be done. after all is said and done, your friend gives you the car back, of course the title never gets signed over or anything.

Bad idea.... Judges know all the tricks and that may bite you really hard.

I went through something like this already and when the judge said he didn't believe that the price I said it was worth was right I asked him point blank what he would give me for it. If you would like I will tell you the answer but I'm pretty sure you already know how that one turned out. She made out better with what I said.

honesty is the best policy...not like you need more issues right now...sleeping soundly at night is priceless.....

Tell him $800 to $1500. Take pictures of it to show him all the flaws too. I'm sorry to ask, but I guess she wants half the value of the car? Work it out man,.give her a item that's worth about the same so you can keep the car. I hate that ****. Sorry you're going through this.

I concur with this an like he says take and have pictures .. maybe a quote for body work and quality paint job too (not makko)

Have a classic car guy give an honest appraisal. It maybe less than you think its worth......... it maybe more..... go from there. If its important to you. Trade or barter something else.

If the wagon is as bad as you said it was......I would say whatever the scrap value would be.

Of course, the divorce layer will say it's worth $50k. Agree with him, let her have the wagon and demand that she pays you the 50% of the value. Go out and buy another wagon that is completely restored and have some beer money left over and some $$$ for pole strippers.

Good point ... need to save some loot to broaden his horizons and visit the local performance art galleries

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Back