Driver Seat Motor - Need a Replacement or Rebuild

rsbolin

Reaction score
The driver seat motor does not move the seat down at the front of the seat. The entire seat will move up, down, and tilt back, but the front of the seat stays put. So, When I say it moves up it moves at angle up. I can individually raise the rear and the seat become level, but man, I am short and my head is touching the roof.

Also, interestingly, I noticed when I push the lever to move the front of the seat downward, the DC/AC gauge immediately moves to the left. I release the lever and the gauge returns to the mid-point.

What is the bet course of action? I have lubed the points that I can access by raising and moving back and forth. Replace, rebuild?

Ron

What year is the car? There are a couple variations in power seats.

If the ammeter shows a lot of draw (needle moves towards "D") that would mean something is trying to move and can't or something is shorted in the motor or circuit.

Tommy at Parts hound can rebuild the motor

From the OP's problem description, I would say the motor is OK. Usually, power seat problems can be traced to the solenoids. There are three of them; I don't know if they can be rebuilt.

What year is the car? There are a couple variations in power seats.

If the ammeter shows a lot of draw (needle moves towards "D") that would mean something is trying to move and can't or something is shorted in the motor or circuit.
'78.

Best place to find a replacement? Murray Park?

Ron

Back