Engine bay restoration.

She started right up. :eek:s_dancing2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys I will try and figure this out. I think it is up now to public setting, let me know

It's a great feeling when the engine fires right up like that!

I know someone else how post a great video of their start up a few weeks ago now!
:toothy12:

This is one truly amazing restoration of the engine bay!:love10:

Last edited:
It's a great feeling when the engine fires right up like that!

I know someone else how post a great video of their start up a few weeks ago now!
:toothy12:

This is one truly amazing restoration of the engine bay!

Thanks I admit I was envious when you started your engine. Your restoration has gone beautifully. I hope to put the wheels on tonight and check out my rebuilt transmission for the first time too.

Hope to see her tomorrow, Mike. Awesome!!!!!!!!

Makes me feel terrible about every car I've ever owned. That level of detail is pure lunacy. I'm way too impatient for that. I'm driving the Polara with one seat, no dash pad & no turn signals.

Thanks guys for the nice words. Just for the record I took Stan's comment as a compliment and laughed when I read it, but thanks Scott for the nice come back.

Update I got the wheels back on her and topped filled up the transmission. The rebuilt transmission is operating beautifully. The newly rebuilt power steering not so much. Something is definitely wrong there. I fix the leak it, was missing a small O ring, I will call that my fault, but the pump is putting a load on the engine and is kind of thumping along.

I also discovered that I have a coolant leak from the heater core exit . I mangled the line when I was removing the old hose. I need to see if I can get it back in decent shape to stop the leak.

I'm still happy, because the engine and transmission are running great. I will get the other things sorted out. but no cruising this weekend.

Ross I will see you tomorrow.

I know the road you are on now.. fixing the little things.. It will be worth it though once it is all buttoned up!

I am officially on the road. Wow it is like a new car the steering and handling are greatly improved. :yaayy:

My radiator outlet is straighten, but I have the wrong size wire clamp it seem, so I put the old one back on no leak. My power steering problem was me, because I put power steering fluid in it and it foamed up. It now has ATF and is working perfect.

Back