Engine bay restoration.

Big john- you have a thread of your windsor on here dont you? I'd love to see some more of it!

Yes, in the project section.

It's taken a back seat to my 300 for now. I retire in a year and a half and I expect to get back on it then, if not before.

I'm starting to think it 's like a race between you & me to see who gets done first!

You sir are in the lead now!!! LOL!!!:hatwave:

I'm starting to think it 's like a race between you & me to see who gets done first!

It has been fun to watch your thread. You have started the engine and everything running smoothly there, so you are at an advantage there. I still need to bleed my brakes. I should have done it before I started mounting the fenders, but I wanted to get the ball rolling cosmetically.

It has been fun to watch your thread. You have started the engine and everything running smoothly there, so you are at an advantage there. I still need to bleed my brakes. I should have done it before I started mounting the fenders, but I wanted to get the ball rolling cosmetically.

You guys are both winners !

Happiness is a pile of empty bags, that were holding the parts off my car. Another good afternoon at the shop. Installed the radiator, bumper, and Goldie has her face back.

Radiator and grill.sm.jpgGrill installed.sm.jpg

Radiator and grill.sm.jpg

Grill installed.sm.jpg

Excellent work Mike! Did you have to do anything to the grille on this beauty besides clean it since you've owned it?

Excellent work Mike! Did you have to do anything to the grille on this beauty besides clean it since you've owned it?
Thanks Matt. The grill and front chrome are all original. I haven't touched anything but clean it up. There is some pitting in the chrome but otherwise looks good. I may restore it next winter or maybe not.

:eusa_shifty:

It will get done Scott, at some point, and it probably will be this winter. I am going to have some interior pieces chromed so I will probably do the bumper then. I need to replenish the savings account.

Question??? I just noticed that I can now see part of the interior of the fender, under the hood. I put some POR 15 clear on them when they were off to stop any rust. They look like they never were painted from the factory. Is this correct? I was going to rattle can paint it black.

Here is the area in question, where the old Valvoline can was stored.

The 383 detail.jpg

The 383 detail.jpg

It will get done Scott, at some point, and it probably will be this winter. I am going to have some interior pieces chromed so I will probably do the bumper then. I need to replenish the savings account.

I know Mike. Just giving you a hard time. Geez...can't a guy have any fun?

Question??? I just noticed that I can now see part of the interior of the fender, under the hood. I put some POR 15 clear on them when they were off to stop any rust. They look like they never were painted from the factory. Is this correct? I was going to rattle can paint it black.

Here is the area in question, where the old Valvoline can was stored.

View attachment 33937

I don't recall what mine were originally, but I painted them satin black.

Thanks Scott, satin black it is. I know you are messing with me, I can never leave things alone until they are right anyway. There are items that I will change over in the engine bay with time to make them factory correct, but they are only things I can change out easily at a later date.

One pain in the butt thing that I changed now where the wire hose clamps. The lower hose was a royal pain using adjustable jaw wrench and vice grips . Fortunately I have not added motor oil to the car, so I spun the filter off for better access. About half way through the process the $30 specialty tool didn't seem so expensive.

Back