Engine bay restoration.

I used my cherry picker to remove my hood.

Hooked up 2 ratchet straps from each windshield corner then up and over to the hood latch loop

Worked like a charm!

Hooked up 2 ratchet straps from each windshield corner then up and over to the hood latch loop

Worked like a charm!

That's cheating. But I'm going to keep that in mind next go round. I have a skid steer and a front end loader at my access

You know what I'm not the smoothest skid steer operator. I think maybe the front end loader may be the way for me. Funny video.

I take it you haven't seen the front end loader video then have you....:rofl:

Worked like a charm!
I always figured I could do it by myself with a chain fall but ended up not having to remove the hood when I R & R'd my engine.

A very good day at the shop. I ran the wiring harness hooking up the various items to it. The big thing for me the fenders and wheel wells. All my gaps between the hood and doors look great no further adjustment needed. :eek:s_dancing2:
Fenders reinstalled1sm..jpg
Fenders reinstalled2.sm.jpgFenders reinstalled3.sm.jpg

Fenders reinstalled3.sm.jpg

Fenders reinstalled2.sm.jpg

Fenders reinstalled1sm..jpg

I sometimes wish my CHP car was a different color, black engine bays do not show off things as nice as gold.

Your car looks awesome!

Alan

I always figured I could do it by myself with a chain fall but ended up not having to remove the hood when I R & R'd my engine.

I did the whole "dog house" on my Windsor with a cherry picker.

IMG_0708.jpg

Very impressive Mike! The car is really coming along!

Big john- you have a thread of your windsor on here dont you? I'd love to see some more of it!

Back