Engine pad and block casting numbers

Please make out the check to a local and worthy no-kill animal shelter or rescue of your choice.
I thank you but most of all, you've saved an animal from neglect or abuse ;-)

Don't forget the Gay Pride sticker on the back window of your DD...
(Sent using Forum Runner)

Holy $hit... Disbelief... Dispair.... Horror.... Relief... Tears of joy... Thanks for the rollercoaster ride... :eek:ccasion14:

I did actually come accross this in the past, with the 361 and 383 using the same block, but I still had my fingers crossed... I guess it paid off for once.

St Jude Children's Hospital was my charity choice, and I'll take you at your word on that part...

Part 2... Pictures for the rest of us...

Last edited:
I just went to the St. Jude's web site. I checked off the $25.00 box because there was no provision for the lesser amt. So, St. Jude's just got $20.00 from you and an extra 5 bucks from me in memory of my precious kitten who died from cancer.

Congrats.

yin.jpg

Last edited:
You're a good man Stan. You could figure that you may have helped save a little kid, that will hold a high regard for the life we are given, and could contribute to a good life for several pets of their own for many years to come.

It seems like people that survive rough times, have a better grip on empathy and are more considerate in general.

You're a good man Stan. You could figure that you may have helped save a little kid, that will hold a high regard for the life we are given, and could contribute to a good life for several pets of their own for many years to come.

It seems like people that survive rough times, have a better grip on empathy and are more considerate in general.

Well said. Amen.

Opps, looks like I was the one with the hangover. That is 4-1/4" bore. Here is a better ruler photo.

I think about all the 59-61 Dodges that I blew off thinking they were 318 or 6 Cyl! AAAAAAAARRRGGGGGGGG!
You could get the long rams on ANYTHING, even wagons!

Nothing big.....for now. Just a few cooling system parts and good bolts. My water pump started leaking and made a mess under the hood........again! Defective Stant radiator cap last time. So I want to take it apart once....and put a new water pump, thermostat and housing. heater hoses, etc. So.......... I have replaced everything on the cooling system now except the radiator, fan clutch and blade.

I'd have to keep going and replace the chain.....at least you'll be sure its good in the summer sun

With only 49,000 miles on her I'm going to leave it alone for now. A complete rebuild is in the works after I finish the interior, bodywork, and paint.

Sounds like risk taking behaviour. Change the chain every 60K miles I thought was the rule of thumb?

That's for OHC engines. ESPECIALLY with interference fit cammers. Bob's won't wear out in his lifetime. And if it does, he should do an engine rebuild instead of just a timing chain.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Last edited:
Back