Engine pad and block casting numbers

I have some parts from 440 Source that should be delivered tomorrow.

:eusa_sick:................:nono:

What'cha buy? What'cha buy?

:worry:..........

Nothing big.....for now. Just a few cooling system parts... a new water pump, thermostat and housing. heater hoses, etc.

:sFun_doh2:............... POST #28

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?29440-440-too-hot-tried-EVERYTHING!/page2

If you want to skip the link............

I am very surprised that no one has noticed the hideous poor casting of the inside of the cheap aftermarket aluminum water pump housings. I ordered one from 440 Source and noticed right away, the very restricted passenger side port, it is even worse inside around the corner/ inaccessible to 440 Sources suggestion to just port it to the correct size. I already had a new Mopar Performance housing in wait for my Hemi, and compared it to the cheap copy... The real Mopar housing is really open inside and the smallest point is the port at the gasket surface, matching the gasket.

440 Sources response was that their water pumps are so awesome it will never make a difference... B.S. The pressure being equal no matter the amount of pressure will favor in volume the path of least resistance, so the vast majority of flow will be given to the drivers side (left bank). Even if the over all flow was enough that it didn't show it was over heating at the sending unit, the right bank will be much hotter the left. Has anyone been scoring right bank cylinders?

I was very unimpressed with 440 Sources refusal to refund my money (for a clearly faulty part), so I could buy a Mopar Housing, instead I had to dream up a possible future for some over priced ARP headbolts, as it would be store credit only and I had to eat the shipping both ways, for a part that would likely fry any engine, or maybe just half of it. My personal experience was with 440 Source, but beware of any of the lesser housings and inspect the ports, as I noticed at a Mopar event in Minnesota that the PRW is the SAME thing, and have seen others that are shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard so you can't see the ports or feel the heavily restricted internals.

I did take pictures of both housings with the gasket laying on them. If people quit buying the afflicted ones, maybe they will correct the problem. Until then... In my opinion, pay more now to the company that designed the part, or you may pay dearly later for buying the cheap copied counterfeit.

With only 49,000 miles on her I'm going to leave it alone for now. A complete rebuild is in the works after I finish the interior, bodywork, and paint.

49000? I can see your point....

Never had a big block with a tc last over 100000

Yep, 49,000 miles. It sat outside for 30 years. The drivetrain is fine. The seats, window/door seals and panels are trashed from the sun and elements.

For years, I've been exposing what a sham 440 Source is over at Moparts and each time I get thoroughly bashed to the point I wonder if I should check into an asylum if I'm really that crazy to believe what I said. I've given up with those effen morons. Let them buy their 440S stuff. 440S is the Walmart of BB goodies. I've been run over with a pavement roller by those who drink the 440S Koolaid. You can't fix stupid. From now on, I'm just going to stop getting into pissing matches with those that have the IQ of a doorknob.

Been in a feud with Rev-n-nator over at The Dock. Same thing. I give up. I should know better but I seem to be unwilling to learn that bashing my head against a brick wall only hurts and accomplishes nothing.
"Insanity is when you keep doing the same thing over & over and expect different results".

So, Gary. What kind of pills do you recommend?

Sure. Helps against assholes and to be a bit less anal in everyday life.
I was sure you'd get it, but at least you wondered.:laughing4:

Only if you like strawberry fields from the Beatles.

So, Gary. What kind of pills do you recommend?
Maybe you haven't been paying attention but Gary's recent posts have mentioned straight jackets, guns & angel dust. Perhaps you might try something slightly different.

Back