Fifty Shades of Full Frontal (Gorgeousness)

FB_IMG_1532819057398.jpg

One of the main reasons I just love fuselage cars, those cool hide a way lights and grill framed by chrome loop bumper.

Did your car originally come from California? Hemet is a little town (well, not so little anymore) in Riverside County about 45 minutes southeast of Riverside. I see the WA front plate, but the only Hemet I know of is the one in So Cal.
Yes.

Did your car originally come from California? Hemet is a little town (well, not so little anymore) in Riverside County about 45 minutes southeast of Riverside. I see the WA front plate, but the only Hemet I know of is the one in So Cal.
Here's a pic with the original plates...the plates came with the sale.
FB_IMG_1532819057398c.jpg

Here's a pic with the original plates...the plates came with the sale.
View attachment 217699
Doc, those are the original CA plates for your car, probably issued in late 1972 or perhaps early 1973. My father had a 72 BMW 2002 with the license plate 872 FAK. Between his car and your car would be all the F series followed by all of the G series and then HEY was fairly early in the H series. Most people don't realize you can tell from the license plates, but knowing when the plates were issued helps me tell when a car was first registered here in CA.

Doc, those are the original CA plates for your car, probably issued in late 1972 or perhaps early 1973. My father had a 72 BMW 2002 with the license plate 872 FAK. Between his car and your car would be all the F series followed by all of the G series and then HEY was fairly early in the H series. Most people don't realize you can tell from the license plates, but knowing when the plates were issued helps me tell when a car was first registered here in CA.
Thanks Jim...here are some photos from yesterday...I put the plates in the den to display...sure my wifey loves that...they are cool but I don't know what more I can do with them here in Minnesota other than keep them and to pass them on with the car and new owner someday when I'm ashes...
20181006_100035.jpg
20181006_100156.jpg

Back