Folded Valve Cover Gaskets, 360 V8

1970FuryConv

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I purchased these with a fiberglass stiffening rib for $45 + ship from Tennessee Real Gaskets on ebay.
In 36 years of seriously working on cars, I've never received folded valve cover gaskets. I initiated return. Does this piss anybody off besides me? Or am I overreacting?
PXL_20210205_001227923.jpg

I dunno, as long as they're not kinked (and I can't see any kinks in the photo), I would think they'd be OK. I'm not discounting your concerns either...

I'd be interested to hear what others have to say.

They are silicone and very flexible. I have a set. No kinks and No leaks and re-usable. Likely the last set you will ever have to buy. Just make sure you follow their directions.

Mine came that way as well. It t looks like they are just looped not folded. Kind of like twisting metal bandsaw blade so you can store them in a smaller area.

They should be fine. I have a set on my 383 and no leaks.
I actually pinched one corner at #7 cylinder when installing the valve cover.
Once I fixed that I repositioned and reused the gasket. 4 years and 10k no leaks

I purchased these with a fiberglass stiffening rib for $45 + ship from Tennessee Real Gaskets on ebay.
In 36 years of seriously working on cars, I've never received folded valve cover gaskets. I initiated return. Does this piss anybody off besides me? Or am I overreacting?

OMG!! Return them... Right away.....
Because if I was the owner of that company I sure as hell would not want you for a customer, Ken....
You started bitching about the product before opening the package and laying them out to see what they are like.....

OMG!! Return them... Right away.....
Because if I was the owner of that company I sure as hell would not want you for a customer, Ken....
You started bitching about the product before opening the package and laying them out to see what they are like.....
Actually, it's Ben. Normally, if you open a gasket package, you can't return them, so I left the package sealed. I put the question here to see if I was right or wrong. Apparently, the consensus is wrong. I thought with a fiberglass stiffening rib, folding them was a bad idea. I still think so, but I might try them anyway, given the input above.

Mine came the same way. I opened the package and they immediately laid flat. They don’t hold shape and remain very flexible. They’re actual pretty rugged and easily re-used.

View attachment 436460
Not trying to add salt to the wound, but you over paid. Should have gone directly to the company wesite. I have learned this over the years. Sorry.

YOUR ORDER
PRODUCT SUBTOTAL
Valve Cover Gaskets - Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth - Small Block V8 × 1 $26.70
Subtotal $26.70
Shipping
  • Shipping & Handling: $9.50
Tax $3.53
Total $39.73

Not trying to add salt to the wound, but you over paid. Should have gone directly to the company wesite. I have learned this over the years. Sorry.

YOUR ORDER
PRODUCT SUBTOTAL
Valve Cover Gaskets - Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth - Small Block V8 × 1 $26.70
Subtotal $26.70
Shipping
  • Shipping & Handling: $9.50
Tax $3.53
Total $39.73

But I believe the fiberglass infused are more than the regular silicone you posted above.

The trans pan gasket is what I was looking for and saw the valve cover gaskets also.
Bought them both. You don’t need to crank down those pan bolts dimpling the flange.
No more drip.

I got both due to little seeps with the cork. Nothing since. I put a shot of paint on the tabs to hide the orange.
image.jpg

Tennessee Real Gaskets sent me an email and their engineer, Chris Carter, asked to speak to me. They gave me his cell. I called and left a message with my cell. We'll see what his guidance is on flattening the gaskets out for a clean install. I did not return the gaskets, because of the advice above and pending speaking with him. Thanks all, Ben

Back