Formal in the air.

BigCRig

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great to have a shop/lift like this.
wpid-img_20140129_164403.jpg

I'd love to have the 'shop space' first! And yes, a lift like that would be cool.

Glenn

Do you mean like this?

U.S. Army Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland Automotive Craft Shop. Modest fees to use the shop, tools, machine shop, paint booth, etc...

DSC01350.jpgDSC01363.jpgDSC01364.jpgDSC01365.jpgDSC01367.jpg

DSC01350.jpg

DSC01363.jpg

DSC01364.jpg

DSC01365.jpg

DSC01367.jpg

I'm fortunate to be able to use this great facility because I'm retired military.

DSC01374.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

I built my Barracuda at the A.H.S. at the 32nd street Naval base in San Diego it was outside with a canopy that covered about half the car, but with the weather there who cared.

I use the Craft Shop all the time.

If I was thinking during Hurricane Sandy......I could of parked the NYB in that shop.

DSC01842.jpg

DSC01842.jpg

Built a few at the Auto Hobby shop, painted and built engines under the guide who ran the aerospace ground equipment shop.

Yeah the weather'z pretty good in DAGO BUT! The "GRINDER"(the parade field) at M.C.R.D. iz 300 Yardz wide X 1100 yardz long and it do get way misty more then ah few timez in October 'n November and If it ain't misty you can still see your breath thru' the fog at 04:00 when you're doin' laps on that bad boy to work up ah serious jonezin' fer S.O.S, IF THE SUN COMEZ UP!

Yeah the weather'z pretty good in DAGO BUT! The "GRINDER"(the parade field) at M.C.R.D. iz 300 Yardz wide X 1100 yardz long and it do get way misty more then ah few timez in October 'n November and If it ain't misty you can still see your breath thru' the fog at 04:00 when you're doin' laps on that bad boy to work up ah serious jonezin' fer S.O.S, IF THE SUN COMEZ UP!

I was in engineering Jer we did not see the sun for days sometimes and only cold when tied up and shut down in Korea in Jan. Although the deck (floor for you land lovers) in the berthing compartment which was the top of 3 fuel tanks would get pretty cold off the coast of Russia.

Base auto hobby clubs. Some are really good, others are downright sad. That is a great one!

Back