Found and Purchased Another 66 2-Door Newport

I think you could unbolt the core support and subframe and just slide the car backwards?

But it evidently hasn't happened for the last 20+ years, right?

@Mclovin you suck. First the Newport/NewYorker (I can't remember) in Yellow and Green, now this. You get cool cars in cool color combos. Rock on brother.

@Mclovin you suck. First the Newport/NewYorker (I can't remember) in Yellow and Green, now this. You get cool cars in cool color combos. Rock on brother.

haha! Thank you! Ya, the yellow with green wheels was a New Yorker. Not sure I’ll find many more this close to home in cool colors. But I’ve always got my eyes open for more.

Hey Mclovin, you're among friends here, so, how much did you pay for the bronze beauty? Don't worry, we won't blab it all over the internet. After all, this is the C-body forum...the background soundtrack is crickets chirping....:rolleyes:

I paid $1250 for my Newport Custom, but I dumped another 5K into it, and an assload of wrench time. No complaints though, especially as I ran it up to 100mph last week on the Suncoast HWY. Don't tell FHP.

Last edited:
The new/used Chrysler center caps arrived today. A little 0000 steel wool and some chrome wheel cleaner shined them up before I slapped them on. Very much like this look. Now to figure out a few lighting issues and get some new wiper blades.

8ABBB372-9BCF-425E-8057-2024351027F4.jpeg
FF17A64B-91B3-4A73-A93A-FA9665D5BADB.jpeg
5E896DDC-0155-4A9C-9B77-F45915396488.jpeg
359F1EE9-BCD4-4A3A-8C0B-BDABA5D1FB77.jpeg
CADC06F3-526A-4CB8-A386-5A3516767BD2.jpeg

IMG_9068.jpg
For those of you that are interested I will have a walk around and some driving footage of the Bronze Bomber on my youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/mclovinmoto tomorrow morning at 0800 PST. Check it out and let me know what you think! It was a fun little video to make. My oldest son helped me out.

Your 66 looks clean too.
Thanks. My buddies car but I am its mechanic/guardian since I brought it back to life 7 years ago,LOL
Original paint,383 4bbl/727 2.76 Suregrip. Canadian only 300 4dr seedan.
We have a 66 300 parts car if you need anything.
whatever 156.jpg
side projectt 66 017.jpg

Gosh, that parts car looks almost too good for that fate! Unless those two pics don't tell the whole story...
Motor stuck,trans unknown,lower quarters and floors rotted. Bought sight unseen knowing it was not running.
Being a Northern Ontario car,the 383 has triple the mileage vs the odometer. Most likely kept idling from November to March..
Pulled the top end off last summer,the valvetrain was worn out. The rockers completely worn and elongated to the ppoint of not being able to press down on the lifters.
But the interior is nice...
side projectt 66 011.jpg

Yes it is. Wonder how hard that might be to pull?
That’s a pretty long granny swipe... that goes all the way down the side of the car, right?

I think the creases pretty much kill any idea of simple pulling. That said (and I usually don’t say this but) if there’s no paint missing... screw it. The car is darn striking as it stands, dents and all. If there’s no heavy rot to attend to, I’d finish up the interior and seals, get it running tip top and drive the hell out of it.

Thanks. My buddies car but I am its mechanic/guardian since I brought it back to life 7 years ago,LOL
Original paint,383 4bbl/727 2.76 Suregrip. Canadian only 300 4dr seedan.
We have a 66 300 parts car if you need anything.
View attachment 424424 View attachment 424431

CBARGE: I know this is an old post, but do you still have the driver door panel from this car? If so, is it half decent? Rip

Back