Fuel line

mrzods13

Reaction score
Bought an edelbrock 1805 wondering if braided rubber line would be ok? Any suggestions

From where to where? Anything after the fuel pump and above the exhaust I'd say no.

guess I'm buying a fuel line bender ill just use a metal hanger to figure out the bends. my original was 5/16 being im going to 4 barrel should I go to 3/8

5/16ths is more than adequate. Going bigger adds nothing plus it's an extra hassle when dealing with fittings and whatnot.
Don't forget the 45 degree double flare tool.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
That crap you want to use is more expensive than just buying the damn tool at AutoZone and then you also have it for the rest of your life.

Well can you point me to what tools to get. So a flare tool and bending tool

Thanks for the links. Pretty cheap a lot of other sites I was looking on were way overpriced.

Depends on what they look like but typically no. Although I did pull a 318 down to freshen it up and the cam bearings were almost gone. so that would result in a change of the answer. It is best to put new lifters in but cam bearing are not always required.

Im using Parker Push Lock rubber from the pumpto carb with AN fittings.NHRA legal to replace steel if you want to go that route but the fittings will break you.

Auto zone, AAp will loan you a tool, basically you buy it and when you give it back they refund money or cc. I personally would use the new copper nickel alloy stuff but it will change to a coppery type color so it will not fit a factory stock anal retentive style repair. It bends very easy does not try to kink and is easy to flare, the only drawback is kind of pricey.

Cam bearings I would not change unless you see something obvious or low oil pressure. They are a pain in the ***, special tool to install then they need fitted/checked with a cam, scraped, filed, etc.

After doing some research the carter afb 4 barrel has the same setup as the edelbrock. I looked up the fuel line on jegs for afb 4 barrel for 68 chrysler and they have the fuel line pre bent for $20. Here is the link http://www.jegs.com/i/Right-Stuff/965/RPC6810/10002/-1 or this one http://www.jegs.com/i/Right+Stuff/965/RPC6601/10002/-1

965-rpc6810.jpg965-rpc6601.jpg

965-rpc6810.jpg

965-rpc6601.jpg

Back