FUEL SENDING UNIT

polarus

Reaction score
Has anybody ever had a fuel sending unit rebuilt? There are places that do it but I'd like to hear from someone that's had it done before I send it out.

Had mine done for my Cordoba a couple of months ago. Almost a shame to put it back in the tank! Checked it out of the tank first (as instructions say) and reinstalled everything. I now have a working fuel gauge. If you would like further info feel free to PM here.

The repops are not known for their quality.

Here's the problem, my parts car has a pretty rare sending unit with a 3/8" pickup tube. Do I send this one out or just install NOS unit with the 5/16" pickup tube?

I'd install the NOS unit and have that rare one rebuilt. That way you have a spare.

oh joy..............
20170105_124837.jpg

Last edited:
My Dad fixed the one on my '70 Challenger years ago using solder. It held for 7 years and was still working when I sold it.

I bought a reproduction unit for the Imp as I didn't want any downtime and it was way off in accuracy. We, my friend Bob(CLover) and I took the little cover off potentiometer(I think that's what these are) and bent the contact while watching an ohm meter until we figured it was accurate. It was in fact close enough. I have yet to get the original rebuilt...

My plan is to install the rebuilt sender with the 3/8" pickup, I'll test it before it goes in.

My plan is to install the rebuilt sender with the 3/8" pickup, I'll test it before it goes in.
Send John, (Moparnutcase) a PM and get the information from him. The pictures he showed me of his unit after being rebuilt were great.

Back