Fuel tank straps

Frostys65Fury

Reaction score
i bought a new fuel tank for my 65 fury. I cleaned up the tank straps and realized, tank to straps would be metal to metal. Is there a rubber or fiber strap that goes between tank and strap?
NAPA and Orielys were clueless.

i bought a new fuel tank for my 65 fury. I cleaned up the tank straps and realized, tank to straps would be metal to metal. Is there a rubber or fiber strap that goes between tank and strap?

There is a fiber pad on the top of the tank, straps are metal on metal. Torque them to factory specs and that is it.

Dave

Thanks, I took the pad off the top of the old tank. Washed all the gravel out of it and let it dry. It’s on top of the new tank. Wasn’t sure about the straps.

Is there a rubber or fiber strap that goes between tank and strap?
To answer your question with a question. Was there anything there on the straps when you took it apart? Of course the parts stores would be clueless with a question like that!

I have seen padding for sale that goes between the tank and straps. About $100 as I recall. Mine had no padding when I changed everything out other than the pad between the tank and trunk.

Back