Get your Hankook Optimo H724 WW tires while you can!

Be sure to re-check the speedometer speed and odometer calibrations. The indicated speed is probably less than actual velocity and similar with the odometer.

Thank for the pictures!
CBODY67

Yes absolutely. Got her on the parkway and found the speedo was now almost perfectly calibrated. With the old 205/70R -14” tires, speedo would read 65 mph and car was actually only going about 59 mph. Now at 65 the car is going almost 66 mph. I use the “Waze” app to check it...not perfect science but close enough.
The old tires also had flat spots from sitting so long and the ride was not enjoyable. I purchased some new 7” wide “Pacer” brand rally rims from CWO which I’m happy with. Unfortunately not original equipment of course but worked out terrific. The hubcaps hide the rims. I do the two hour commute from Connecticut to New Hampshire once a week and feel much happier!

I just purchased 5 new 15” rims and 5 new Hankook st 235/75R-15 tires for the ‘67 Monaco.
World of difference!
(attached before and after photos)
Also found some decent driver quality 15” hubcaps on eBay.
View attachment 446664
View attachment 446663

Hey! I did the same thing:

IMG_20190623_130454755_HDR.jpg

At my Discount Tire Company tire store in Southern California they are showing the same Hankook Optimo H724 white walls still available. I am also seeing a blackwall version of the Hankook Kinergy in the same size but with blackwalls being available from Discount Tire. I know that Hankook has a warehouse here in So. CA so I am thinking when those H724s run out, then Discount Tire will likely offer the Kinergy whitewall version going forward. I like the sidewall better on the Kinergy tire better than the H724 Optimos anyway and the name "Hankook" looks smaller too which I also prefer.

I have never had a problem with the Hankook Optimos over many years now (I even have them on my 1989 Dodge Dakota pickup that I can't kill yet at 180K miles) with the whitewalls turned inside and they still perform fine after many miles on them and no sidewall cracking either. I might have put Michelins on my Dakota because they are my preferred tire usually when I don't need a whitewall but over the last decade Michelins sidewalls start showing cracking out here in our high temperatures and dry climate in about a year.

Interestingly my America's Tire/Discount Tire tells me the H724 is out and when they look for the Kinergy ST they find no such tire at all. I am now due for new tires on the Polara and F100. I can get away with BW on the F100 but not the Polara.

Interestingly my America's Tire/Discount Tire tells me the H724 is out and when they look for the Kinergy ST they find no such tire at all. I am now due for new tires on the Polara and F100. I can get away with BW on the F100 but not the Polara.
That was my experience this weekend as well. No H724 anymore, no Kinergy Ww.

My solution was to order the Hankook Kinergy ST from the Tire Rack in the size I wanted (235/75R15) and have a local installer (who does not carry Hankook but is recommended by @71Polara383) do the mounting and balancing. The tires were delivered yesterday, two days after order, and will likely be done today.

I suspect that Discount Tire and other similar chains, while they do have access to Hankook tires, do not have really full access to those not in their particular website/catalog. Which a dedicated Hankook dealer would have access to, by observation. They are not really oriented into special orders as such, being more oriented into what's readily available instead, by observation. But that does not mean that it can't be done, from what I've seen in past.

I highly suggest you go into the Hankook website and download their complete tire catalog (with product numbers noted for the desired Kinergy ST whitewalls in the desired size!). With THAT information, then proceed to see if your local reps can get them. Which can also help to ensure that you get the desired tires from TireRack or similar, too.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

16DAF6A1-A992-4992-973C-9879746C4ED7.jpeg

Toyo Extensa A/S 225/70x15, $92 each purchased at Belle Tire. Also available at Walmart.
I put them on 7” wide rims, which is the trick. A wider tire pinched in a narrower rim will not look as wide as these in the wheelwells. And the car corners much better.

View attachment 447006
Toyo Extensa A/S 225/70x15, $92 each purchased at Belle Tire. Also available at Walmart.
I put them on 7” wide rims, which is the trick. A wider tire pinched in a narrower rim will not look as wide as these in the wheelwells. And the car corners much better.
I really like the hubcap- what is it from?

I really like the hubcap- what is it from?
B13575BB-F1FF-4F6C-BA85-EB6498C0DA39.jpeg

1965 Dodge Monaco. I believe these were Monaco only and used just one year only. I dig them too. Enough I resisted the usual Magnum 500 wheel upgrade.

Last edited:
View attachment 447016
1965 Dodge Monaco. I believe these were Monaco only and used just one year only. I dig them too. Enough to resisted the usual Magnum 500 wheel upgrade.
Beautiful car, love the color. I’m a bit confused about the hubcaps. I thought you posted that you used a 15” tire? Isn’t that a 14 inch hubcap?

Beautiful car, love the color. I’m a bit confused about the hubcaps. I thought you posted that you used a 15” tire? Isn’t that a 14 inch hubcap?
Good call! You’re right.
I had new 15” rims made 7” wide modified to accept 14” wheelcovers.
See that 1/2” wide bar tacked in the rim.
6B110C0F-EDF5-40A5-8F56-47A5A4F3279B.jpeg
6CA1C7D7-0BA8-4FAF-A465-BAA3BABD79A2.jpeg

The guy I used took brand new steel rims and welded in 15” mopar center sections to the backspacing I specified. Cost was near the same as a new set of 15”x7” Magnums with all the caps and lugs, but I prefer the stock look.

Yer whitewall is dirty. . .
Not any more they ain’t!
The mutts at Belle tire aren’t used to mounting whitewall tires. They actually asked me if I want the white facing inside or outside!

Good call! You’re right.
I had new 15” rims made 7” wide modified to accept 14” wheelcovers.
See that 1/2” wide bar tacked in the rim.
View attachment 447043 View attachment 447044
The guy I used took brand new steel rims and welded in 15” mopar center sections to the backspacing I specified. Cost was near the same as a new set of 15”x7” Magnums with all the caps and lugs, but I prefer the stock look.
Wow that’s pretty clever! It goes to show “where there’s a will -there’s a way”

That was my experience this weekend as well. No H724 anymore, no Kinergy Ww.

My solution was to order the Hankook Kinergy ST from the Tire Rack in the size I wanted (235/75R15) and have a local installer (who does not carry Hankook but is recommended by @71Polara383) do the mounting and balancing. The tires were delivered yesterday, two days after order, and will likely be done today.

That is exactly what I was going to do until the local Walmart listed having the H724 available. We'll see come tomorrow when I place n order online for Wednesday delivery. So if true the Polara will get new tires that day.

Not any more they ain’t!
The mutts at Belle tire aren’t used to mounting whitewall tires. They actually asked me if I want the white facing inside or outside!

That is universal as I was asked the same thing when I put new tires on my Mustang and Park Lane early last year. I just gave them a look and asked what do you think?

That is universal as I was asked the same thing when I put new tires on my Mustang and Park Lane early last year. I just gave them a look and asked what do you think?

How would the person know? I always get my white letter tires mounted blackwalls out. When there is a choice on how to get tires mounted of course the person installing them is going to ask which way you'd like them installed. That is what is called common sense.

Dave

Cooper Trendsetters (235 75 R15) 75.00 Each at NTB ,87.00 from Discount Tire.Whitewall,and Made in USA From An American Company.

Back