Gonna put a bench in the Fury

thood1954

Reaction score
Wanted a comfy bench seat for the Fury. Found one on CL and drove 90 miles one way to get it. Luckily the seller had both styles of seat tracks. I have indentical ones under my buckets but dont know if they work the same,yet. Elongated some holes a little bit,added two bolts,and the lower assembly is ready for mock up. Should fit the factory holes dead on. Gotta make the back panels for it,the seller said they were cardboard and were junk. Anyone know how to make them? Gonna go with black, not sure which company to go with yet. Paid 90 bucks for everything.

HPIM5677.jpg

HPIM5678.jpg

HPIM5679.jpg

You should let everyone know what that seat is from in case others would be interested in doing the same. You're just doing the front, right?

Car originally came with a bench,so I wanted to keep close to original,even though this seat is from a 73 Charger SE.

You are right, Matt, The seat is from a 73 Charger SE. When the seller gave me the measuerment of the bolts from side to side it matched to mine exactly. (46")

Polara71, I was thinking along the same lines. My girl loves the car and the bench seat idea appeals to her.

What a score .. and now easier to score emoticonbigsmile.gif

What do the buckets in it look like now?

PS Legendary is the best for seat covers but shop around to get the best price as many sell them. Dante's has good prices and CS.

emoticonbigsmile.gif

tallhair, The buckets in it now need recovered, I suspect the drivers seat might need padding also, as I am finding tiny pieces on the floor. They just have cheapy black covers on them to cover the vinyl.

Got the bolts to line up in the mock up. Problem? The damn seat just isn't wide enough! It looks stupid,so I'm just gonna offer the whole package for sale for what I paid for it.

Sold the dang seats that didn't work. Used the money to help buy a bench from a 69 VIP from Murray Park. He had forgotten he had it. Legendary Covers purchased and put on. Still need to install.

HPIM6126.jpg

That's going to look great Tom, congrats!!! Did you install the skins yourself?

That's going to look great Tom, congrats!!! Did you install the skins yourself?
No way! I would not take a chance on messing them up. 300 bucks got new padding where needed,some elastic sewed onto the shoulder belts to hold them up and the seat, arm rest, and headrests recovered.

Back