Graham: What's your take on the Hellcat Redeye.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Supposedly production will not be limited and a delivered price not that much more than a Hellcat???
Makes all the Demon buyers paying 25k+ over list look like real suckers.
And I'm glad. :lol:

So, what's the dirt?

½ the price of what Demon's are selling for...hell yeah...seems like a no brainer. With this & the Demon, used Hellcats are gonna get real cheap. Don't know much about the Redeye. I did read it's got a different Cal & no transbrake...so that could be easily fixed.

I'm gonna guess for the first six months the Redeyes will be marked up, then level off to sticker, and after a year they'll be discounted.

UNLESS...
The Redeyes are discontinued after the first year and is not replaced.

Actually, I have a sneaky suspision that once the Redeye and the upcoming Mustang GT 500 run for a year, this new millennium horsepower war is going to come to a halt.

I think once an American "production car" hits 1000 HP the insurance companies will end the 2nd coming of the horsepower craze...and that will probably be soon. Hello 2nd coming of the "New" FCA K car...lol

Mopar came to their senses when they realized they could sell a ton of these cars. Kind of shot themselves in the foot offering a one year only 3300 max production of the Demon. Probably could of sold 33,000 of them.

Commando1 theme song......

Seriously, I understand what you're saying about the manual transmission though. My SRT8 is a manual (6 spd), so I share your thoughts on this. But,..... I seriously doubt many of us (I know I can't) can shift a manual as fast as these performance automatics shift. Buying a manual in one of these cars really means 'slower' times at the strip if you ever did want to run it. IMHO.

I think Chrysler is just gong to keep renaming them and changing the hood every year until the public catches on! LOL!

I think Chrysler is just gong to keep renaming them and changing the hood every year until the public catches on! LOL!
That is one of the reasons I don't care for the Challenger.

I could buy one with a V-6 and it really doesn't look much different than any other... at least to me anyway.

Back