Happiness is having a motor stand.

Excellent ........I gotta ask, maybe I missed something......... You had the car painted, and interior work done.... how did we come to the decision to then go back and pull the front clip off and do the engine and front end..?

Excellent ........I gotta ask, maybe I missed something......... You had the car painted, and interior work done.... how did we come to the decision to then go back and pull the front clip off and do the engine and front end..?

I know it's bass ackwards, you guys probably don't remember this, but I was going to restore the interior before I painted the car last winter. You guys thankfully talked me out of that. I was going to be a simple refresh of the engine bay when I pulled the engine and transmission. I said I wasn't going to take it this far. Between Scott "Rexus31" brow beating me to pull the whole clip and me pulling a few more items each time I went to the shop, before I knew it, I was down to the stub frame.

Rotisserie is next to detail the underside !
I can say with certainty that will not happen.now buying a car lift and doing the underside I can see that happen. Every time I think about buying a lift I end up spending the money on a car or on the car, one of these days.

Last edited:
I managed to get to my shop for a few hours today and got some more of the engine reassembled. Installed a new cam (factory spec), timing set and oil pump.

Timing cover installed.sm.jpgEngine assembly2sm.jpg

Engine assembly2sm.jpg

Timing cover installed.sm.jpg

Looks great! Oil pump should be engine color.

It didn't hit me until today when I pulled the bolts and realized they where blue. I actually painted the pump a coat of cast iron paint. What about the fuel pump?

Hey Mike, I noticed that one of the trim screws is a 1/4 turn off of dead center. You should really line all of them up... When are you planning to pull the interior back out of the car so she can go on the rotisserie?

Fuel pump should be engine colour as well. If we're shooting for "factory correct".

I managed to get to my shop for a few hours today and got some more of the engine reassembled. Installed a new cam (factory spec), timing set and oil pump.

View attachment 27047View attachment 27046

Looks awesome Mike !!

It didn't hit me until today when I pulled the bolts and realized they where blue. I actually painted the pump a coat of cast iron paint. What about the fuel pump?

Should be painted also .. but will look good if it's not

Hey Mike, I noticed that one of the trim screws is a 1/4 turn off of dead center. You should really line all of them up... When are you planning to pull the interior back out of the car so she can go on the rotisserie?

Ross the funny guy. I have definitely noticed one thing it takes a lot longer to put it back together than to take it apart. I have a friend of mine who's son want to take his girl to the prom on May 10th in Goldie. I don't know if I am going to make it.

Ross the funny guy. I have definitely noticed one thing it takes a lot longer to put it back together than to take it apart. I have a friend of mine who's son want to take his girl to the prom on May 10th in Goldie. I don't know if I am going to make it.

With you as chauffeur I would hope.

Man that is looking good, Mike!

You can't be considering letting a high school kid drive the car.

Actually the school I went to high school has a tradition of a parade of nice and unique vehicles, dropping the couple off at the front door, parading around the school. The car would never leave the grounds and I would bring it and take it home after he drops his date off.

I finally have all the main components installed on the engine. I also have my fuel pump and oil pump painted the proper Chrysler turquoise. Now on to painting the firewall and installing the new suspension.

engine complete3.sm.jpgengine complete1.sm.jpg

engine complete3.sm.jpg

engine complete1.sm.jpg

Back