For Sale Has anybody gone to see this car

Status
Not open for further replies.

65fury1

Reaction score
Contact seller
image.jpeg

I came across this car, and was wondering if anyone has looked at it. I was thinking of calling the owner and going to take a look at it as its not too far from me, it looks like it has some badrust issues on the drivers side, but if it can be gotten for the right price and finding a c body without rust is next to impossible in ct, by vt, am, etc.

1970 Plymouth Fury III

I've not seen it but that interior looks nice! Awesome year to boot.

I've not seen it but that interior looks nice! Awesome year to boot.

I know, seeing the interior is what drew me to this car, dash pad doesn't look bad, and it's runs and drives and the a/c works.

I know, seeing the interior is what drew me to this car, dash pad doesn't look bad, and it's runs and drives and the a/c works.
Definitely worth a look. Make sure you look real good around that back window though. Someone appears to have done a duct tape fix back there. If it was leaking long enough there'll be a ton of issues in the trunk.... I'd still be inclined to show up with low end cash.

Definitely worth a look. Make sure you look real good around that back window though. Someone appears to have done a duct tape fix back there. If it was leaking long enough there'll be a ton of issues in the trunk.... I'd still be inclined to show up with low end cash.

Just called him and left a message hopefully I will hear something...I just saw the tape around the back window, and that kind of scares me...thanks for pointing that out.

I'm really not comfortable with the amount of rust in that rear quarter and rear window. Usually when they show that much, there's much more not showing.

I know it's tough to find a decent car in the northeast, but if you look at this one, take a good look at the frame and underneath. It doesn't matter what the price is if the car is too far gone.

I'm really not comfortable with the amount of rust in that rear quarter and rear window. Usually when they show that much, there's much more not showing.

I know it's tough to find a decent car in the northeast, but if you look at this one, take a good look at the frame and underneath. It doesn't matter what the price is if the car is too far gone.

Just heard back from the owner, and he says there is bad rust/rott in the right side lower frame, rear window, and trunk floor is gone...too much work for me....but at least the seller was honest with me, rather than me driving 2.5 hrs for a complete waste of time.

Ah, ok. So while we're at it, I hadn't noticed the passenger side pillar where theres primer near the window channel .. that is also not a good sign. I think this car may have seen some tree time or some other such guck gathering situation. This means that water has likely been getting in the front AND back of the car for some time which in turn means that your floors (front, back and trunk) may well be toast.

Too bad it's that far gone...My search continues...may have to bite the bullet and travel down south or out west.
If you can, I highly suggest it. It's abysmal what is left of these cars up here... truly heartbreaking.

My hope that the car at least becomes a parts car and should be priced accordingly. My fear is a Demo guy will buy it for more .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back