Heavy Metal

Not the heaviest of metal .. but just one of the coolest planes ever made. RIP Lear Jet. Born 1963, EOP 2021

Didnt own one of course, but been on many over the years. Absolutely wonderful aircraft. A few thousand used planes will still be around for a while though.

48 auto car1.PNG

source: Bombardier to end Learjet production, cut 1,600 jobs

High-angle view of the stern of USS Alabama, off Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Virginia, United States, 20 August 1943.
lsjz5kcye3h61.jpg

JN Naganami heavily damaged and immobilized in Ormoc Bay's waters on November 11th, 1944. The ship is losing a vast amount of oil and the bow is missing.
7qygisklo1h61.jpg

#986 dont know the brand but also didnt know they existed till today. Steam Tractors, or "road locomotive"

Vid (about 10mins long) documents part of the "labor of love" to build from scratch a Case 150. Designed in 1904 -- fascinating in itself. BTW, took me my whole life to today, though I used the term all the time. where "going balls out" came from (according to builders of this case)

R.png
%28Photo%20supplied%20by%20Kory%20Anderson%29.jpg

#986 dont know the brand but also didnt know they existed till today. Steam Tractors, or "road locomotive"

Vid (about 10mins long) documents part of the "labor of love" to build from scratch a Case 150. Designed in 1904 -- fascinating in itself. BTW, took me my whole life to today, though I used the term all the time. where "going balls out" came from (according to builders of this case)

View attachment 438383 View attachment 438379

That's awesome. Ive been wanting to get to a threshing festival that's held nearby. I've known about steam tractors for quite a while, but have never seen them in action. Amazing how farming has advanced over 120 years.

Due to adverse weather conditions, the ship anchored in the administrative area of our Bartın Port Authority on 15.01.2020, broke and sank in the area where it was anchored at 12.35 hours on 17.01.2020.

That's awesome. Ive been wanting to get to a threshing festival that's held nearby. I've known about steam tractors for quite a while, but have never seen them in action. Amazing how farming has advanced over 120 years.
They have a steam tractor and thresher show in Mason Mi every year, I went with my wife's uncle years ago.

Due to adverse weather conditions, the ship anchored in the administrative area of our Bartın Port Authority on 15.01.2020, broke and sank in the area where it was anchored at 12.35 hours on 17.01.2020.
The video must be deceiving, the sea doesn't look that bad. Not bad enough to break a ship in half anyway.

There were 12 crewmembers on board, including two Russian nationals and 10 Ukrainian seafarers. The initial search was hampered by heavy weather, but six survivors were rescued. The bodies of three more were recovered from the wreck and three crewmembers remain missing.

"In this video, we see how the lives of seafarers are played with by going through surveys even though the sheet metal of a 46-year-old ship has reached the breaking point. Just as it was certain that the MV Bilal Bal ship would sink four years ago, it was certain that the MV Arvin would sink," said the Turkish maritime union Platform of the Sea Workers.

A port state control inspection in Georgia last year found extensive deficiencies on board the Arvin, including deck corrosion and ill-maintained weathertight hatches, according to her Equasis record.

in 1906, HMS Dreadnought became “the most deadly fighting machine ever launched in the history of the world.” Dreadnought heralded a new era of naval warfare by introducing a revolutionary design that gave the battleship unprecedented firepower and speed. The first U.S. Navy ships to incorporate the elements pioneered by HMS Dreadnought were USS South Carolina and USS Michigan.
df5f13e6dca104f8d97d758bede7f655640ffa04.jpg

HMS Terrible, prior to launch, at Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth, England, she would become HMAS Sydney
ufbfasfa29h61.jpg

The four propellers of HMS Hood, shortly before launching. These would shortly be driven by the most powerful machinery yet installed in a ship
5jmbk03bm7h61.png

Back