Hemi Rocker Arms

hemipolara572

Reaction score
Hi guys,
this winter I will rebuild my hemi.
About 6 years ago I bought my roller rocker system from a guy in Canada on ebay. Unfortunatly I am not exactly sure what ratios these rockers have. I think I found the guy on ebay and I wrote an email to him. But I have never got an answer. As well I was searching on the internet for hours, but couldnt find anything. There are no numbers or ratios on the rockers engraved :rant:

I might remember that I have the standard hemi ratios. 1.6 Intake + 1.5 exhaust. But I am NOT sure.
To rebuild the engine from the beginning to the end I need to know what ratios I do have.
So there is my question. Is there maybe a hemi expert out there, how maybe can see on the following pics what roller rockers I have. I know that nobody can see what ratio these rockers have, but maybe someone knows somehow the brand or manufacturer.

Thanks for any advises. Michael

Not sure if this helps, but I found this...[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][h=2]What is Rocker Arm Ratio?[/h]

Rocker Ratio
Rocker Arm Ratio is the length of the valve side of the rocker arm to the center (or pivot point) of the rocker arm divided by the length of the Cam or Pushrod side to the center of the rocker arm. Typically the valve side is longer than the pushrod or cam side, so the Rocker Arm will "multiply" its motion by its Rocker Ratio. This ratio is typically in the range of 1.45 to 1.7, meaning that for each .100" of pushrod or cam motion you would get .145" to .170" of valve motion.
[/FONT]

Thanks a lot for your advises. I would try it in the FBBO. The Mopar Service Manual wouldnt help me. Cause I dont have stock / original parts.
The Pic how to calculate the ratio looks very nice. Actually its really simple to figure it out what ratio I have.

If you have a dial indicator you can measure them. On a bench, or on the car you only need the rocker on the shaft. Just measure an amount of lift on the adjuster (pushrod end) vs the motion on the valve tip end. The difference is the actual rocker ratio.

First want to say that a Hemi Polara is so cool!! Did they come with Hemi's originally?

If you purchased the rockers off ebay, aren't you a bit scared of what they really are? Who made them?, are they good rockers? You are talking a Hemi here. If one breaks that would not be a good day. I would purchase new rockers to make sure you're ok and you have the right parts. Just sayin.

Hi,
no there were no Hemis originally in the 69' Polaras. It was a pain in the *** to fit the Hemi, especially the headers in the car. But it works :)
Yes. I know what you mean with buying stuff on ebay. But I had them running for 4 years now, and they still look good. But I am thinking of to use the Ray Barton Rockers. But they are REALLY expansive..

These ones:

http://raybarton.com/parts/index.ph...ms-assemblies/rbre-hemi-rockers/8300-standard

Yeah they are expensive. My buddy runs a Ray Barton 493 in his 67 Coronet R/T. Car is fast as hell.

I see Ray Barton powered cars and race cars all over Mid-Atlantic region. Very good engine builder...especially with Hemi's.

Probably can go another tenth faster without the 3 passengers. LOL!

I see Ray Barton powered cars and race cars all over Mid-Atlantic region. Very good engine builder...especially with Hemi's.

His car is running 10s on the street. He gets all his parts (what ever he wants for free) for his car and all the builds he does from Mopar Muscle Magazine because he writes articles for them. He's the one building/writing the article for the Slick Challenger now. Car is amazing! 340 is pushing 561 TQ @ 4600 577 HP @ 6000, 6100. Holy crap!!

Dyno.jpg

yea, I proberbly would go faster without 3 passangers and! without all that bottles of beer in the trunk :)

Back