Hoping up my Chrysler

I was thinking about a new boomstick for the engine but wasn't to sure. What do people run here? Do they just call up comp, tell them what they got and what they want and have them grind a cam?

Get a few different opinions. A dual pattern cam that has a little more duration on the exhaust can help with Chryslers small exhaust ports and log manifolds. The smart guys will chime in eventually.

Have you checked your rear end ratio? That would be a good item to start with. I am thinking you might have a 3.23 already, but if not, go to a 3.23 or 3.55 gear, that would perk things up.

Thanks happy to be here

I take things with a grain of salt but i appreciate the heads up. I generally like forums because everyone is an expect and can tell you exactly what you need to do :p

I hope i dont booger it up. This will be no air ride car with a candy paint lace paint job with 7 coats of clear.

The reason why I want to port the heads is because my uncle owns an engine shop. He has the station, die grinders and carbides all set up. It wouldn't be much for me to do some port work after he puts new seats on it.

I read that the stock CR is around 10.25 to 10.5 but I will find out here in about 5 months.

I was thinking about a new boomstick for the engine but wasn't to sure. What do people run here? Do they just call up comp, tell them what they got and what they want and have them grind a cam?

Thanks

If I'm not mistaken, your engine came stock with a Holley carburetor, 10.5 / 1 compression and a pretty good cam to boot. I don't think you could go wrong by just doing a stock rebuild of the short block and a quality head rebuild and valve job. Don't diddle with the head porting too much.

I would go with a stock-type dual exhaust system and a correct '67 dual snorkel air cleaner. A torque vs. horsepower cam or the stock MOPAR 375 HP cam would make for a good cruising setup. You probably have 3.23 gears in the rear end, so you shouldn't need to change your torque converter.

Yes i have the original build sheet for the car and it says 3.23 on it. Its all tattered and has a tear in it but its pretty cool.

Yes i have the original build sheet for the car and it says 3.23 on it. Its all tattered and has a tear in it but its pretty cool.

That is great! Make sure you preserve that document. It makes the car even more desirable. Did your car come with the TNT engine? I think it should have.

That is great! Make sure you preserve that document. It makes the car even more desirable. Did your car come with the TNT engine? I think it should have.

I dont believe it has the TNT engine. My air cleaner came with a single snorkel and I believe that the high performance models had a duel snorkel is that correct? I guess I could check it out and see what the casting says.

Just for the future:

du·el/ˈd(y)o͞oəl/
noun
  1. a contest with deadly weapons arranged between two people in order to settle a point of honor.
du·al/ˈd(y)o͞oəl/
adjective
  1. consisting of two parts, elements, or aspects.

I dont believe it has the TNT engine. My air cleaner came with a single snorkel and I believe that the high performance models had a duel snorkel is that correct? I guess I could check it out and see what the casting says.

The casting data won't tell you anything. The build sheet and / or the fender tag indicate which engine you have. Both 440 engines were pretty much the same, except for the cam, the air cleaner and dual exhaust. Therefore, if you have the lower performance 440, you can get it up to the HP version (and beyond) pretty easily.

One more thing: You don't wanna get too crazy with the cam you select; the more radical the cam, the less vacuum that will be available for your power brakes.

Here are some pictures of the car and how it looks now. My little brother took the pictures. He convinced me to take it to what he called a "car show." Well it was more like a car meet up of kids with imports who smoked weed in a burger king parking lot and had lowered cars on cheap rims.

But he took some decent photos so here she is.

43135843824_098f972b90_o.jpg
42949638125_cd50b6c6d7_o.jpg
42949637715_cfd4e3edd3_o.jpg

The casting data won't tell you anything. The build sheet and / or the fender tag indicate which engine you have. Both 440 engines were pretty much the same, except for the cam, the air cleaner and dual exhaust. Therefore, if you have the lower performance 440, you can get it up to the HP version (and beyond) pretty easily.

Good to know as it sound like I am headed in that direction.

Just for the future:

du·el/ˈd(y)o͞oəl/
noun
  1. a contest with deadly weapons arranged between two people in order to settle a point of honor.
du·al/ˈd(y)o͞oəl/
adjective
  1. consisting of two parts, elements, or aspects.

Thank you.

Please also comment on the usage of 'to, too and two'. :poke:

They're there, there their.
Can I play this game too? The following things do not exist:
guage
consul*
bumber
Camero
vynil
stall converter
Dodge Polaris

*Okay, there is such a thing as a consul, but on a car forum the word one is probably looking for is "console".

Wow that paint even looks original.
Very nice!
Are the hubcaps correct as well?

As far as i can tell the hub caps are original. One or two of them is dented from when someone tried to pry them off back in the day. Not sure what they are made out of but its definitely metal.

Back