how rare is a 65 Monaco 426 4-speed???

Here is a pic of my engine pad. The "426" is near the intake. Be careful with sanding too much, even my stampings are not very deep. I think you may have a 426, what needs to be confirmed is if the car was built as a 426 car.

ID.jpg

ID.jpg

I am not a number guy but the way I am reading the plate is a std 383 with the at the time M.Y. California only pcv closed system. Is that Thermo-quad sitting on a adapter because if it is not it is non original intake, judging from the shape of the runners I would have to think it is not a 1965 RB intake but the picture is a little fuzzy when I blow it up that big. Still a cool car.
It does have the oddball breather cap pvc on pass side valve cover, and the valve covers are chrysler pieces not aftermarket. The heads are early casting blg block heads without the core plugs on the ends
My guess is it is a 1972 440 that the old 383 heads and accessories were used on hence the H 1972 and the P is most likely a R stamped crooked

highly unlikely the radiator was replaced from another manual trans 300/ NY. No need for language brother- just looking for some help & guidance while we wait. Here are the pics of the rad, engine and tag. .

The radiator was used in automatic transmission applications as well. It would not have to come from a manual transmission car. It would, at one time, probably been a very common replacement part.

If I come across as a little frustrated, I am. Of all the people involved in the thread, you have the greatest access to documentation and the actual car. You've had the best opportunity to see, feel, smell and document the car. You have access to the window sticker....yet you keep asking US for info. We're working with one hand behind our back when you have access to they key.

Just ask for a copy of the sticker and see what it says. That is the most critical piece of evidence out there. Get that FIRST then worry about all the other stuff.

Start with what you CAN prove, not with what you CAN'T. If the WS is not for this car, then we can start to piece things together.

None of the parts, WIW, this, that or the other thing matter until you find out how it was born.

It's a cool find and worth looking into but let's start with the facts.

2TlXu2c.jpg

If I come across as a little frustrated, I am. Of all the people involved in the thread, you have the greatest access to documentation and the actual car. You've had the best opportunity to see, feel, smell and document the car. You have access to the window sticker....yet you keep asking US for info.
This is exactly why I'm done with this.
Now I'm feeling the forum is getting a little dicked around.

Does anyone know John Miller from NJ?
http://cbodydrydock.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?155667.0

Does anyone know John Miller from NJ?

Yes Stan that is me. That is an ad for my car sometime before I bought it. Not sure who placed it....maybe the guy in Florida.

My apologies for not making the connection, John.
Now I know and it won't happen again.
I was gonna say let's ask this guy. Lol!
:D

Last edited:
Cool. Something useful has come out of this thread.

Doug, I've got some spare sofa pillows here to place between your head and the wall to lessen the impact. ;)

To the original poster: it's easy to speculate about the 'what ifs' of the car, but with so many knowledgeable people on here trying to help you out, the least you could do is provide the information they've asked for which, according to your postings, seems to be available. If the owner won't let you make a copy of the window sticker, snap a good photo. That's all I had available initially for my '66 Chrysler BC sheet and Doug/69Coronet was able to answer my questions clearly and quickly.

End the drama, get on with the good stuff. It's not worth anything until you do.

My apologies for not making the connection, John.
Now I know and it won't happen again?
I was gonna say let's ask this guy. Lol!
:D

Not a problem. Had a chuckle when I saw your post! And if you forget again in the future we shall just chalk it up to oldtimers' disease!!

Cool. Something useful has come out of this thread.

Doug, I've got some spare sofa pillows here to place between your head and the wall to lessen the impact. ;)

To the original poster: it's easy to speculate about the 'what ifs' of the car, but with so many knowledgeable people on here trying to help you out, the least you could do is provide the information they've asked for which, according to your postings, seems to be available. If the owner won't let you make a copy of the window sticker, snap a good photo. That's all I had available initially for my '66 Chrysler BC sheet and Doug/69Coronet was able to answer my questions clearly and quickly.

End the drama, get on with the good stuff. It's not worth anything until you do.
Let's revisit this post in a week guys. This old guy is extremely busy with work and this "old Dodge" is not his priority. That's why I mentioned the eggshells- not to piss him off and tell me to go away! We are supposed to talk & have the info early next week.
BTW- it is an RB, just hidden by the upper hose in pic.

Off topic- just got a call from my friend here in WI. His dad is selling a 65 NY 2-dr. Not much rust at all- been inside forever. Supposed to have like 45K miles. Hasn't run in years, but complete. Couple dents. Most likely 383/727. I'll put up some pics in the FS section. I think $1500 would get it.

Here is a pic of my data plate. Shows the "80" under AB. as you already saw from the breakdown on my other Monaco with the 383, "99" (which is "62") is under AB.

View attachment 60406

1) That's a good example of the two different fender tag formats used in 1965. (Compare PNT to PAINT)
2) Your tag looks like it came from a different plant than the black one posted by the OP. The black one looks like it was built at Jefferson. At which plant was your car built?

I'm bummed that Mopar didn't have power vents in the Formal's....

1) That's a good example of the two different fender tag formats used in 1965. (Compare PNT to PAINT)
2) Your tag looks like it came from a different plant than the black one posted by the OP. The black one looks like it was built at Jefferson. At which plant was your car built?

My 426 was built at Newark,Delaware.

an the story ends. this guy figures it's not worth what the old timer wants, will not tell you guys were the car is and what the price is. he just wanted to pump you guys to see if it was worth flipping

Back