Howdy Pals

mean

Reaction score
Just saved this Polara from the crusher. We can thank the local AMC club for saying something before it got scrapped/crushed. AMC fiends reached out to me and said hey you want this Dodge we don't know anything about it lol.

Been lurking here a bit over the past week or so and decided to hang out as the crowd here seems solid.

I think I got a weirdo 1971 Polara. It's an export only 2DR hardtop that was left out behind a tire shop in Northern CA for I don't know how many years. It's all there, but the elements and critters have been hard on this Dodge. Just started sorting it out and I am finding some bad stuff... Fudds were at work in the past on this interesting vehicle. In the painful process of de-Fudding it now. Hoping to have it back up and running near term as I think it is worthy of the effort. I like oddball/uncommon vintage cars.

This will be my 3rd MOPAR but only 2nd vintage one. I have a 1953 M37 and a 2011 Challenger R/T. The Polara has plenty of new friends in the shop though besides their Dodge cousins. Hoping the crowd here can assist with guidance and suggestions on parts sourcing and what not to do as that advice is always appreciated.

That's it for now. Be freaky.

Resized_20230826_084007.jpeg

Just saved this Polara from the crusher. We can thank the local AMC club for saying something before it got scrapped/crushed. AMC fiends reached out to me and said hey you want this Dodge we don't know anything about it lol.

Been lurking here a bit over the past week or so and decided to hang out as the crowd here seems solid.

I think I got a weirdo 1971 Polara. It's an export only 2DR hardtop that was left out behind a tire shop in Northern CA for I don't know how many years. It's all there, but the elements and critters have been hard on this Dodge. Just started sorting it out and I am finding some bad stuff... Fudds were at work in the past on this interesting vehicle. In the painful process of de-Fudding it now. Hoping to have it back up and running near term as I think it is worthy of the effort. I like oddball/uncommon vintage cars.

This will be my 3rd MOPAR but only 2nd vintage one. I have a 1953 M37 and a 2011 Challenger R/T. The Polara has plenty of new friends in the shop though besides their Dodge cousins. Hoping the crowd here can assist with guidance and suggestions on parts sourcing and what not to do as that advice is always appreciated.

That's it for now. Be freaky.

View attachment 616235
We need to see more of it please. Is there a fender data tag under the Hood on top of the radiator core support?

That baby is awesome! Original paint?
FE5 is a great color for that car and without a vinyl top!!
Earlier build 921.
My only fret is that it is a 318, but that is very livable. matching motor and trans still?

More pics please!

I have all sorts of interior stuff if needed.

Cool car. Looking forward to seeing progress.

well this car was on its way before i bought it for 200 bucks , but the back fees at dmv were more than 800 bucks . so it became a parts car , at least it had a 400 727 in it and a disc brake nose .

DSC00776.JPG

DSC00766.JPG

DSC00827.JPG

That baby is awesome! Original paint?
FE5 is a great color for that car and without a vinyl top!!
Earlier build 921.
My only fret is that it is a 318, but that is very livable. matching motor and trans still?

More pics please!
Yeah I think it is the original paint. Looks real nice in the door frames. Door tag says it's Sept 20th, 9/21 on the body tag guessing maybe that's a goof from the factory? I'm good with the small block. Once I get everything working again and stable I'll probably upgrade it a bit. Priority now is to expunge all the bad stuffs. Yeah I reckon it is all original motor and trans. Nothing seems to be swapped out. Very original car.

I have all sorts of interior stuff if needed.

Cool car. Looking forward to seeing progress.
Thanks. I will absolutely need some helps for the interior. Dude apparently left the window down and 4 months later came back to the car realized it was soaked through the winter and became a C body mold colony. Then he took out the front seats, started ripping out the carpet, dropped in a bench from a 1970 Polara (?), and forgot about it. Kinda wacky. He even threw in a new carpet kit in the box and there it sat in the back seat unopened for I don't know how many years. Really kOoky... dash is destroyed. Headliner is gross lol.

We found what we think are the original seats jammed into a nearby wrecked van on the same lot of dead cars. Snagged those last week glad to have them.

A couple more pics of this beast from the graveyard. Note the giant toggle switch hanging off the parking brake handle. Really bad stuff there mhmmm....

20230805_094202.jpg

20230805_094225.jpg

C14 rear shoulder belts...one of the rarest options on a classic mopar. I know on B Bodies it was less than like 0.1% of production.

C14 rear shoulder belts...one of the rarest options on a classic mopar. I know on B Bodies it was less than like 0.1% of production.

I saw that on the tag. Can't say I've ever seen it. I'd like to see a photo or two of those .

Back