:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Top-rated seller
classicsbylash

Item Location: Lakeland, Florida
Time left: 6d 13h
Bid history: 1 bid
Current bid: $5,200.00

1966 Chrysler 300

1966 Chrysler 300 ,Excellent example of an unrestored 1966 Chrysler 300 with 80,300 miles registered on odometer...,Equipped with the iconic 383-cid V-8 with torgueflite automatic transmission...,Optional equipment, according to the original invoice that comes with the vehicle, include whitewall tires, AM radio, power steering and brakes, light package, Sure grip differential, and day/night mirror....The vehicle also sports an optional two-tone paint scheme with a formal black roof over a silver mist body...,Vehicle is in very good well maintained interior and exterior of the car...,Chrysler runs and drives but has been in storage for several years, it runs and drives great...this is one of the best looking and driving 300 ive ever seen it looks to have been restored but she is all original and nearly pristine.
1 owner car.
JUST 80,368 MILES
SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL
MUST SEE DRIVE.AND SIMPLY STUNNING.

THIS IS ONE MAGINIFICENT AUTOMOBILE THAT IS TRULY READY TO ENJOY.
THE BEST YOU WILL EVER FIND FOR THE MONEY.

DSC_0072.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Simp...rs_Trucks&hash=item1e7c98fa09#ht_31424wt_1164

How does he find these beautiful cars??? From the one picture that 300 is stunning!!!

And by my posting this, I'm actually helping him send this overseas, aren't I....
DOUBLE:BangHead:

That's a beautiful 2 tone paint job.

However, I don't think it's a factory 2 tone combination if I'm reading the paint chart correctly. Still looks outstanding!!!

I'm guessing it was a vinyl roof car. But if you have to remove the tarp, that's the perfect way to do it!

What do you think about this car getting a 2 tone paint instead of vinyl replacement. Leave the chrome trim in place or not???DSC01187.jpg

DSC01187.jpg

Just my personal preference which usually goes against conventional thinking but I would remove the vinyl, fill the trim holes and go monotone.

Stunning! It says 2 tone paint right on the window sticker.

[QUOTE=1978 NYB;87214]What do you think about this car getting a 2 tone paint instead of vinyl replacement. Leave the chrome trim in place or not???View attachment 13432[/QUOTE]

I love the vinal on your car, it was made for it. Just make sure everything is sealed well when replacing it.
Cars with rooflines that flow into the 1/4 panels, (68-70 B bodys for example), don't do well with vinal tops.... Early B bodys, (63-67) look great with vinal.
I've always liked vinal tops .....just hate what goes on underneth them.

Stunning! It says 2 tone paint right on the window sticker.

This is a lizard lot classic car ripoff dealer.........

The documents look like they were printed last week and not almost 50 years old.

The paint chart doesn't list this color combo as an option for 1966.

If I were dead serious to get this car, I'd give the first owner a call, the new car sales bill is there and you'll be able to find a person by this name at least in this Pa. town.

If I were dead serious to get this car, I'd give the first owner a call, the new car sales bill is there and you'll be able to find a person by this name at least in this Pa. town.

If he's still living 50 years later... Chances are the guy wasn't 20 when he bought this type of car brand new.

[h=3]David L Herr[/h]69 Highland Rd Parkesburg, PA 19365-9508
Home (610) 593-5652

David L Herr

69 Highland Rd Parkesburg, PA 19365-9508
Home (610) 593-5652

I just talked to the first owner....

He's still alive. He bought the car as is in Pennsylvania right of the Chrysler lot. He bought because it had a great warranty... better than any other car manufacturer's were offering in 1966. He traded in a 1962 Corvette to get the 300. The car spent it whole life in Pennsylvania but said he drove mostly around my neck of the woods in Maryland. I suspect he worked in Maryland and lived in Pennsylvania as a lot people do. He said it was a fair weather car and he had an old pickup to drive in the winter. Said he drove it to the Ford Museum one summer. He said it was in the Hershey Museum on Rt 29....I've been to that museum and may even seen it there. And he said everyone called it the "Battleship". He said he replaced a valve cover gasket once.

I told him that it is for sale in Florida and he could follow the sale on EBay.

This is a solid car that's worth buying!

I like the 300 a lot, despite the black interior. Two-tone paint used to be fairly common, and people would sometimes want a black roof, though I don't know why. Summer heat would be atrocious.

Stan's friend Lash has a number of other interesting cars on the auction site right now, including the '64 Dodge 880 convertible we talked about a while ago. That has attracted no bids because of its starting price of $72,5xx. He must be nuts, or a bad typist.

He also has a '64 Skylark convertible on there that is attracting a lot of bids and is run up to over $15K. I used to own a '64 Skylark convertible - it was my first collectible car. Mine had the original spinner hubcaps, the original side trim, and I went and found the original die-cast center emblem for the grille that is the size of a softball and weighs about 10 pounds. His car has none of these, and sports a set of aftermarket 17: wheels to boot. A '64 Skylark is a nice enough car, but nothing to get excited about. Go figure.

If he's still living 50 years later... Chances are the guy wasn't 20 when he bought this type of car brand new.

I checked that before, Bob, but I was reluctant posting the address right in the thread. :)

".....you'll be able to find a person by this name at least in this Pa. town"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back