I finally bought it

View attachment 89295 View attachment 89296 View attachment 89297 View attachment 89298 View attachment 89299 View attachment 89301 1966 Plymouth Belvedere. I have been after this car for about 3 years. Kinda a barn find. 440 with a 18 spline Hemi 4 speed. Aluminum Mopar Stage 6 heads. Lunati cam, 8 3/4 rear with 3:23 sure grip. Solid body. Needs no body repair. Just some minor surface rust. Lots of extra parts. New in box carpet. Extra bench seat, pair of buckets. I bought it today. I'll add it to my collection of projects.

Way-ta-go there, Bob. That car is gonna be a lot of fun. Does it have power vent windows ?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I got time yesterday to clean the car out & put the spare parts away. Found this one small rust hole in the floor behind the driver side of the seat. So far only rot I've found. I also installed the grille & head light buckets.

image.jpg
And go figure. The car doesn't have any front arm rest. And I sold a nice pair of brown ones from a C body car a few weeks ago. AND the guy was putting them on a 66-67 Belevdere. So I'll have to dig through my C body Stash & see if I have another pair from a two door

I foresee many smoky burnouts in your future with this one Bob! Cool car!

That thing needs a Super Stock scoop on it. 6 pack scoop just does not look as good.

I agree fellas. The RO/WO does look better. However for now the 6 pack is staying on. To quote my mom "you've been spending money like its going out of style" So I need to stop doing that for a while. Or at least try.....

Yea I know. So I stopped by my neighbors place tonite & told him about the Bel. He said I'll be up there after supper & check it out. Sure enough he comes over & imediately tells me of a guy who used to drag race Mopars & has a car just like it back behind his shop under a carport. He said it was a big block car. Said the guy had a lot of big block go fast parts. So he's going to stop by his shop one day soon & take pics of the car & feel him out to see if he's ready to sell anything. So who knows. I spoke to this guy one time on the phone & at that time he was still hoarding. I kinda hope he's not yet ready to sell. I need to come up for air

image.jpg
I bought this paint today from the local parts store. It's burnt orange & close to the cars original color. It has more metal flake which is what I want. I'm planning to use this to trim out the rear window before I reinstall. If it looks good I likely will paint the entire car this color. I'm not doing a Barrett-Jackson car. Just a good driver. Anyone used this paint before

Back