I got a really bad surprise today

Next weekend, take the bulb out of the Hot light while you're under the dash. I'm sure you've already thought of that, just a reminder...

What's your opinion on Geico?
I'll answer that since I have a strong opinion. Avoid the lizard, he doesn't pay. My wife's minvan was hit in the front at a red light in Atlanta. Another 3 ft and she might have died. Since the cars were on cross-streets, somebody ran a red light. Both vehicles were insured by GEICO. My wife provided photos and a detailed explanation. After dragging feet for 2 months, the GEICO investigator said both driver's were 50% at fault and under GA law they didn't have to pay any party, other than a pickup sitting at the light that my wife was shoved into. Had that driver just said, "I was sitting there because the light was still red", no question my wife had the green, but he was late to court. The GEICO guy said my wife was turning right on a red light. I told him, "no, the impact spun her 70 deg, and our house was 3 blocks straight ahead". We had to sue, but her wimpy lawyer wouldn't take it to court and settled for only $2500, far below the damage. I should have dropped GEICO long before that since 12 years earlier she was hit in a parking lot (uninsured driver) and when I called to report the accident, the GEICO lady was adamant that it was my wife's fault even though I hadn't described any details and told her I hadn't even been to the scene yet.

Wow! Sorry to hear that you had such a terrible experience. I have Geico and I hit a 200 lb deer head on at 70 mph on the Indiana toll road at 11pm with my '07 Titan. I live in Maryland. Geico was great with taking care of me. They called the State Troopers for me, called a tow truck, made a hotel reservation for me, arranged for the tow truck to give me a ride to the hotel, got a rental car for me and had them pick me up at the hotel, made arrangements to get my truck fixed. So it was a favorable experience for me. On the other hand...the Indiana State Trooper eventually pulls up behind me and says "Are you retired from the Army?" (I have a Retired Army decal on my rear window) I said yes and he asks me if I have any firearms in the truck. I said "WTF - aren't you going to ask me if I'm OK????" I walked away from him. It went south from there. He didn't even care about the damage, he took his flashlight and was looking everywhere in the truck for weapons. He didn't find anything....... my S&W 9mm is in the exterior fender tool box located behind the left rear tire.

..the Indiana State Trooper eventually pulls up behind me and says "Are you retired from the Army?" (I have a Retired Army decal on my rear window) I said yes and he asks me if I have any firearms in the truck. I said "WTF - aren't you going to ask me if I'm OK????"
....................................................:laughing4:
I'm sorry, man. It's just that I could just picture your face...:rolling:

....................................................:laughing4:
I'm sorry, man. It's just that I could just picture your face...:rolling:

Ya, you guessed right. I wasn't too happy. The impact was severe enough to deploy the airbags. The trooper was dead serious about the firearms. He kept me and the tow truck there for an hour until the state truck shoveled up what was left of the deer.

There are the rookie troopers and there are the senior troopers. The rookies get the night and weekend duty while the senior troopers get the M-F day shifts. The rookies are by the book zero tolerance humorless a-holes and the senior troopers are regular good guys.
Moral of the story: if it's after 7:00 PM on saturday, you're gonna be dealing with an idiot.
After 35+ years on the road, AMHIK.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Troopers are J O's I'd rather deal with a town cop. A trooper wants the badge, the power and wants people to kiss his ***. A town cop wants the health benefits and early retirement.

Thanks all. My Local and County Police are top notch Officers that emulate "To Protect and Serve".

Sorry. Of the troopers I knew, the local Barney Fifes weren't 1/10 the professional the troopers were. Overall, I would rather deal with a dozen hard-assed troopers than with one lazy, incompetant, local yocal. My perspective comes from being 180 degrees from where you're forming your observation from.
Also, your NJ troopers are probably the biggest mo-fos of any other state and I still never had a bad experience with any of them.

Actually, I'd just as soon drop out of this topic. There's plenty of other topics that I'd rather engage in.

Sorry. Of the troopers I knew, the local Barney Fifes weren't 1/10 the professional the troopers were. Overall, I would rather deal with a dozen hard-assed troopers than with one lazy, incompetant, local yocal. My perspective comes from being 180 degrees from where you're forming your observation from.
Also, your NJ troopers are probably the biggest mo-fos of any other state and I still never had a bad experience with any of them.

I agree...NJ has the biggest "mo-fos", lol.

So, what's up with your bad *** car? Back on the road or what?

Yup. I had to cobble together a fusible link from scratch. I made it to spec so it should function exactly like the stock Chrysler piece did, although I'm hoping for that NOT to happen again. I also took folks advice and did the MAD ammeter bypass thing....removed the wiring behind it and fused them together....although it didn't need it, I gave the bulkhead connector a good thorough cleaning and packed it with dieletric grease...also added an external ground strap to the ECU for insurance.

IMG_7010.jpg

Back