I Knew This Was Going To Happen...

68PK21 440.6bbl

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Didn't need the crystal ball for this one but I'm surprised it's happening so soon.
Garret speaks very well and they may buy some time, but over the years people get voted in and out, plus once the burnout pit tire smoke (haven't people got tired of this yet?) drifts over into the new development I'll bet the phone at the EPA will be ringing off the hook.
If Garret wanted to create a legacy for his new son he would of bought up all that land for him. Imagine what that property would be worth in a decade or two?

It's typical of when people build close to a racetrack, motocross track, or any kind of race park (or airport!), knowing the facility exists, and then bitching about the noise and traffic. I absolutely enjoy his YT content. Bureaucracy is what it is - a Leviathan that eats everything in its path.

My brother belonged to a gun club and 200 yards from the embankment for the backstop up the hill someone started building a house. The club did nothing about a lawyer to get it stopped and now the club is defunct.

The old, storied Green Valley Raceway was in very rural northeastern Tarrant County when it was built. Only the dairy cows might be upset by the weekend sounds of engines and such. In the earlier 1980s, "civilization" was encroaching on the race track. 1/4 mile track with a road course. Been there for decades at that time, but a lot of the new residents of that area did not know it existed, until the racing sounds happened on weekends and a night or two during the week (with related traffic). So they complained enough to get operating sanctions via the municipality. Ended up killing it.

When it was replaced by a new drag strip operation in very rural acreage south of Dallas, some campers at a small lake a few miles away were concerned about the noise. Flat land with little between them and the track, except miles. But it is still there and in full operation with NHRA sanctioned racing and other special car events. But unlike Green Valley, this facility generates massive amounts of sales tax and property tax revenue for the area AND is thoroughly modern in all aspects. It's been there about 40 years now and everybody has seemed to learn to co-exist.

Happy Holidays!
CBODY67

For both Garrett and Victor's sake I hope the board in Manatee does what the say and put protection in place for the racetracks. The benefit for me though is I enjoy the entertainment he puts out in videos

A local speedway in Northern Ca.
A victim of noise complaints.
Been there since 1961.
Has one more year of lease left.
Then it’s over!
The fairgrounds will be demolished also.
Automotive swap meets,car shows,concerts +more community events.
A large high density housing project will take its place.
Traffic is already congested!!!
City council is only interested in
the increased extortion rate property taxes they will collect!
Not to mention the construction contacts and permit fees to be collected.
First it was Baylands raceway park in Fremont,then SanJose speedway.
Next on the chopping block will be Calistoga speedway and Sacramento speedway.
It’s the Wussifucation across the nation

I live under the flight plan for Luke Air Force Base. You would not believe how many people complain about that! For years the county protected the base by restricting building in the area. It was all farmland until about 20 years ago. For reasons unknown to me they stopped all regulations and allowed any and all building to go on. Warehouses and housing subdivisions are everywhere even on the spot that an F15 crashed 25 years ago. The fact that the base has been here since the Korean war and was here when these people bought their houses doesn't stop the newbies from bitching. Yes F35's are loud! It's the sound of freedom!

I live relatively close to Tinker; and am definitely in the flight path as the aircraft go around in the pattern. The sound of freedom! I love when a B-1 or a B-2 fly overhead. They make great sounds as they roll though the pattern! Of course, the B-52 and E-3 make similar noises, because both use variants of the same engine.

e3 from the nose.jpg

I live under the flight plan for Luke Air Force Base. You would not believe how many people complain about that! For years the county protected the base by restricting building in the area. It was all farmland until about 20 years ago. For reasons unknown to me they stopped all regulations and allowed any and all building to go on. Warehouses and housing subdivisions are everywhere even on the spot that an F15 crashed 25 years ago. The fact that the base has been here since the Korean war and was here when these people bought their houses doesn't stop the newbies from bitching. Yes F35's are loud! It's the sound of freedom!
Military is not subject to airplane noise abatement. I live on the 303 and El Mirage which is probably 12-15 miles from Luke as the crow flies. When they take off you can’t talk outside because they are accelerating and gaining altitude. I have been in China near one of their military bases when the MiGs took off; much noisier. At the rate we are going, one may be coming to a place near you!

The raceway that's with in eye shot of the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green KY is going through the same thing. I haven't figured out why people don't think race tracks are going to be loud. On the other hand my mother and father in- law live just a couple of miles from the Nascar track outside of Richmond VA. When they watch the race they will mute the TV and open the windows. It's a pretty neat way to enjoy it.

Military is not subject to airplane noise abatement. I live on the 303 and El Mirage which is probably 12-15 miles from Luke as the crow flies. When they take off you can’t talk outside because they are accelerating and gaining altitude. I have been in China near one of their military bases when the MiGs took off; much noisier. At the rate we are going, one may be coming to a place near you!

My work's test track is in Whittman at the 303 and Grand. I can't even count how many times I've seen F16's fly over, they're impressive and it's cool to hear actual airplane noise. My last house in Detroit was in the flight path of metro and they weren't anywhere near as loud as the fighter jets!

My work's test track is in Whittman at the 303 and Grand. I can't even count how many times I've seen F16's fly over, they're impressive and it's cool to hear actual airplane noise. My last house in Detroit was in the flight path of metro and they weren't anywhere near as loud as the fighter jets!
That test track is about 5 miles as the crow or fighter jet flies from me. :thumbsup:

Back