Impster - the big&white

Today I pulled out the floor rubber mats to clean the loop mat and yippee. There were two wires running from the dash underneath the front seat and ending on the left rear foot area. I also tested the headlight motor and vent motor with no better results. Dad again was giving his help to the rear quarters. The one-piece accessory rubber mats are gigantic to say the least! The one pictured here is the smaller of the two. I also found one Swedish krona, so Impster has seen Sweden at some time.

Imper 030.JPG

Imper 031.JPG

Imper 032.JPG

Imper 033.JPG

Imper 034.JPG

Imper 035.JPG

Imper 036.JPG

Imper 037.JPG

@DocMcNeedy, here are the wheel covers. The scratched one (last two pics) has also the worst dents on it. Are you sure a dentist like you would like to buy dents like these? (pun intended)

Imper 001.JPG

Imper 004.JPG

Imper 008.JPG

Imper 016.JPG

Imper 018.JPG

Imper 019.JPG

Imper 021.JPG

Imper 022.JPG

Imper 025.JPG

Imper 026.JPG

I like them if you're sure about selling. Battle scars don't bother me anymore. All mine have their blemishes and are drivers...I don't have a trailer queen owner personality.

I like them if you're sure about selling. Battle scars don't bother me anymore. All mine have their blemishes and are drivers...I don't have a trailer queen owner personality.

We´ll make a deal after I get the 68(?) covers from Matt after Christmas.

Last edited:
He promised to send the best parts of this pile. Thank you to him already.

7C56464D-F6BE-4FCC-8B37-8451AB60784A.jpeg

Today we did catch one of our friends (Jari) sleeping in his 61 Ford Galaxie Sunliner after a hard sauna night. He helped us and now the headlight cover motor operates just as it´s supposed to. We also aligned the cover a bit better than they were before. The RH unit will be better after we get something in between the bolt and its attaching point, so won´t make clanking sound when closing (originally there´s been a nylon ring). I put leather cleaner to the front seat and took a look under the dash. It´s so horrible that my camera didn´t want to work properly. I thought that someone would like to see rubber boobs.:lol:

Imp1 001.JPG

Imp1 002.JPG

Imp1 003.JPG

Imp1 004.JPG

Imp1 005.JPG

Imp1 006.JPG

Imp1 007.JPG

Imp1 008.JPG

Last edited:
@DocMcNeedy, how much Big Red´s sound changed, when you replaced the megaphones with turndowns?
I´m between ordering either turndowns or pencil tips for Impster in a few weeks, but I can´t decide. The turndowns would make the dual system look like an original option, but the pencil tips would retain the rumble, which I like a lot. There´s also that I like the look of pencils and they´d give some personality.
Reasons for this are that now the bumper gets black stains and the exhaust system looks unfinished in my eyes.

@DocMcNeedy, how much Big Red´s sound changed, when you replaced the megaphones with turndowns?
I´m between ordering either turndowns or pencil tips for Impster in a few weeks, but I can´t decide. The turndowns would make the dual system look like an original option, but the pencil tips would retain the rumble, which I like a lot. There´s also that I like the look of pencils and they´d give some personality.
Reasons for this are that now the bumper gets black stains and the exhaust system looks unfinished in my eyes.
Not much change...she rumbles loudly...almost too loud with dual glass packs...I'm gonna replace them in the Spring...closer to quiet stock if not straight stock. She's in deep winter storage...otherwise, I'd shoot another video of her idling rear end...:lol:

Not much change...she rumbles loudly...almost too loud with dual glass packs...I'm gonna replace them in the Spring...closer to quiet stock if not straight stock. She's in deep winter storage...otherwise, I'd shoot another video of her idling rear end...:lol:
I´m waiting for the sound clip.:popcorn: Turndowns will come here.

Last edited:
@DocMcNeedy, here are the wheel covers. The scratched one (last two pics) has also the worst dents on it. Are you sure a dentist like you would like to buy dents like these? (pun intended)

View attachment 239152

View attachment 239153

View attachment 239154

View attachment 239155

View attachment 239156

View attachment 239157

View attachment 239158

View attachment 239159

View attachment 239160

View attachment 239161

I use the busted up center from one of these wheel covers as a keychain for my Imperial...its suprisingly hefty considering its original intent
20181229_173138.jpg

You can´t lost the keys with that. Me likey a lot.
Thanks...the tabs were broken off the back so I didn't feel bad repurposing it. Plus with it being round there's no worry of it poking your leg while it's in your pocket :D

Today Jari attacked (read: helped to remove partially) the vinyl top, so we can repair the rust on C-pillars.
He also sang a song: ``corrosion, corrosion, it rapes everything from us.`` The roof is not bad at all, so Impster will be a whole car before Vantaa cruise-in of May. The roof rail weather strip is so good that it´ll be reused. One of us dropped a screw to the trunk and nonetheless to the left front corner. I had to lie in there to get it and thought that there one could get lost without a map. Well, the screw is still there...

Imp 2 003.JPG

Imp 2 005.JPG

Imp 2 006.JPG

Imp 2 007.JPG

Imp 2 008.JPG

Last edited:
A whole stash of parts was ordered last weekend. New WSW Cooper tires, turndowns, spare tire holder and a locking gas cap. Also some wheel covers are getting shipped next Wednesday or Thursday and I send mine to Doc. I have to get a wheel to mount a spare tire onto, but I get it from Helsinki.

AE3P_1_201707261601102537.jpg

AMD-816-1471-10S_ml.jpg

SNN-10571_xl.jpg

SUM-670170_xl.jpg

Back