Insomnia Engineering

GooBak

Reaction score
Does anyone else do this? I can never get to sleep until 3-4 am, and I always end up spending the wee hours bench racing with myself, often making a build sheet for a car I pluck from somewhere on the internet, or some poorly done photochopping, but for the last year or so I've began to obsess about building my own chassis and suspension system (about a dozen ideas from off-roaders to Bonneville cars), a motor from scratch based on an ancient Miller race engine, possibly an art car idea for my caddy that would be an awesome showpiece for a welder, and this silly Newbird idea that keeps scratching at the back of my mind.

So heres my idea for this thread... tell me your ideas...

5-01-2013-006-800x538.jpgDOTSD-70NewportGreen-10.jpg

5-01-2013-006-800x538.jpg

DOTSD-70NewportGreen-10.jpg

Somebody needs to take your p/shop away from you, lol. PS. Use the cutting tool to cut out background imagery.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
I think you need more sleep.......

There has been wing cars fabricated in the past....Polara, 71 GTX, and they didn't turn out good. Turned into an expensive mess for those that tried. Even the modern ones don't look right.

13sema-1-32.jpg

Lol my photoshop is MS Paint, and I know its terrible... but I would build this as a completely stripped Land Speed car that would run Competition Coupe, I'd probably run the stock drivetrain and try to make the suspension as sound as possible. I know it's wrong-looking but isn't the aerodynamics about the only thing keeping a C Body from, say, 150 mph? And with a 10+ ft wheelbase it should be pretty stable in a straight line. You retired guys don't ever think about this kind of stuff?

Lol my photoshop is MS Paint, and I know its terrible... but I would build this as a completely stripped Land Speed car that would run Competition Coupe, I'd probably run the stock drivetrain and try to make the suspension as sound as possible. I know it's wrong-looking but isn't the aerodynamics about the only thing keeping a C Body from, say, 150 mph? And with a 10+ ft wheelbase it should be pretty stable in a straight line. You retired guys don't ever think about this kind of stuff?

Scratch the 4 door and go with the coup. Replace the hood an deck with hurst 300 fiberglass to loose some weight. Modify the hurst hood to allow cold air into the twin carbs. Maybe lower the ride, add ground effects. See you on the salt flats....

If it stays on paper then no C bodies were harmed in the making of this fantasy car.

This has me thinking of the Queen song "Bohemian Rhapsody"...

"No, no no no no no, NO! Mamma Mia, Mamma Mia, Mamma Mia, let me go!"

Back