Intake and Carb Shopping List Needed, 383

Well thanks for not covering the roof of your MKS.
only cuz it was another 15 hundred dollars...

PicsArt_10-20-10.42.36.jpg

Last edited:
PCV valve to port in center, distributor advance on the left and cap the port on the right.
I thought the PCV valve would go to the rear port? Or do I need a T fitting? Also, my intake manifold has a rear port as well, i would assume that would do the same PCV? Just chose one or the other? Thanks for the help though!!

Change of plans - I picked up a 2186 to use instead of the TM6. Now Im trying to figure out which gasket I need between it and the 1406 carb. An open hole or a 4 hole style seem to be my only two options as far as I can tell...

Also, does the pcv get routed to the front side of the carb now?

Change of plans - I picked up a 2186 to use instead of the TM6. Now Im trying to figure out which gasket I need between it and the 1406 carb. An open hole or a 4 hole style seem to be my only two options as far as I can tell...

Also, does the pcv get routed to the front side of the carb now?

Sure does. Ported vacuum on the left, PCV in the center, Manifold vacuum on the right (capped off) looking at the carb from the front...
IMG_4793.JPG

Sure does. Ported vacuum on the left, PCV in the center, Manifold vacuum on the right (capped off) looking at the carb from the front...
View attachment 98589
Interesting. My PCV comes off the right side valve cover. And it looks like your filler neck is on the right? Mine is on the left. Are valve covers interchangeable from Left to Right?

Interesting. My PCV comes off the right side valve cover. And it looks like your filler neck is on the right? Mine is on the left. Are valve covers interchangeable from Left to Right?

I've noticed that before. Both my 66-383 and my 66 with the 74-440 go the other way as well but a quick google shows 1970 440's reversed. No difference to the engine operation.

Not mine:
IMG_5589.JPG
IMG_5590.JPG
IMG_5591.JPG

Ah ok, it looks like AC equipped cars probably switched the valve covers otherwise the hoses would block the filler neck.

That would be the only advantage that I can see, because I wouldn't be able to swap mine L to R, unless I want to block the filler neck. And since the dipstick is on the left...might as well fill it there too.

Nevermind, that last pic shows AC. Looks like those hoses are routed further off to the fender side as well.

Last edited:
Chrysler switched the oil filler cap to pass side in 1970 so pump jockey's coveralls buttons or zipper would scratch both front fenders evenly.

Back