Is it hard to find?

66Joe300

Reaction score
Since a couple of years i'm searching a 57' new yorker, but no matter where i search, you will not find anything, maybe someone here has an idea why this is so and where to look best, for your help thanks a lot

@66Joe300
Do you know the one from Carmen (Netherlands)....
I think she will sell her 57 NY4dr …
I can give you her phone number.

Many "mere" New Yorkers were used to provide parts for the more desirable and collectible Chrysler 300 Letter Series cars. Body parts, possibly some interior trim, AND the powertrain items. New Yorkers where "cheap" back then, so "no harm" in using them to built the $$$$$$ Letter Cars, it was felt. This lasted into the earlier '60s!

This was mentioned on a "My Classic Car" segment for a 1960 New Yorker 2-dr hardtop. One of the FEW which survived the Letter Series car rebuilders, it was noted.

Keep a watch on www.ClassicCar.com used car ads. It seems that most of the USA car consignment businesses advertise on there, from what I saw a while back.

Good luck!
CBODY67

@69monaco: yes,that would be really great
@CBODY67 : thanks for the info, i don't know this before

If i found one in fair condition,
what would be a good price and what should I pay attention to ?

first of all thanks of your help, but unfortunately this dream i can bury, my budget is to small to buy this car, and also the parts for that beauty are hard to find and expensive,
since i am only a small worker, i can forget it unfortunately

Joe , …..there are a lot of other great cars .
Not many people can buy the dreamcar they wanted so…….
Maybe a cheaper version ………..a windsor !?

of course yes,
I'm still slightly depressed, I have to digest that first, and my 300 makes now really heavy trouble

i see, but it is a 61' this is not so my style, i hope before i retired, that i can fulfill my dreams

Oh, i've seen this car before, from far away it looks good, and they have make a lot of photos, thats really good, i can see what a lot of work is to do on it, believe me, I've already calculated it in my thoughts

Back