Is Mopar enthusiasm a sickness?

Moparhead

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I need a 12 step program at this point! Came across a decent deal on a 70 Polara and I just couldn't say no.
Nearly a base model, 2 door, 383 auto, AC, PS, Power drums, manual windows. She's 98% complete and in olive 'survivor' green. Interior needs complete redo but body is solid and straight, one dent on lower passenger fender. One thing that makes this one a bit unique is the Fratzog on the rear bumper, apparently the went away from this early in the production year.

image.jpg

First of all congrats! You are right about the bumper. So far Dave and I haven't found any after early September. What is the build date? How did you find it and what are your plans?

First of all congrats! What is the build date? How did you find it and what are your plans?

it's 8-1969 on the door vin sticker. It was a Craig's find in CA, paid $1000 ;) All kinds of plans are rolling through my head lol there's a lot of perfect factory paint on the undersides of panels, trunk, jams so I 'should' restore to factory. But, the olive green screams grandpa mobile and the car would look sinister in black with some wide rubber ;)

Good that you are considering a factory restoration. If green isn't your cup of tea there were plenty of options that are correct for 70 including black. Factory road wheels also look good on these cars.

If moparness is a disease...I wish my wife would catch it! Nice addition.

Glenn

Nice find on the car. Do not put what is left of the build sheet on the kitchen table....John.

Nice find. I would call it a sickness, you can get over a sickness. It might be better described as a disease with the only cure is to keep buying new projects.

Congrats, cool car. Your instinct is right that she wants to be painted black...

That is a nice find and a no brainer at a grand, congrats!
It is a disease for which I hope they're not working on a cure!

it's 8-1969 on the door vin sticker. It was a Craig's find in CA, paid $1000 ;) All kinds of plans are rolling through my head lol there's a lot of perfect factory paint on the undersides of panels, trunk, jams so I 'should' restore to factory. But, the olive green screams grandpa mobile and the car would look sinister in black with some wide rubber ;)

' What is the date on the fender tag?

Great car !!

A grand always seems to be the magic number to make us pull the trigger on taking home a scruffy stray.

Posted via Topify on Android

Back