It say a clone but did they make them ?

no factory police car package on Chryslers in that year. factory Chrysler cop cars were only available in the early 60s.

no factory police car package on Chryslers in that year. factory Chrysler cop cars were only available in the early 60s.
Bull puckey.
'74 Newport.
'75-78 Newport theoretically offered but never seen one.
E63 engine standard, E64 engine optional.

Last edited:
Current bid $14000?????? That authentic '78 CHP that last seen was going for $8000 on ebay is a steal in comparison.

That is a nice police car even if it;s a creation. I like it.

Last edited:
Current bid $14000?????? That authentic '78 CHP that last seen was going for $8000 on ebay is a steal in comparison.

this car is in new zealand.
The price is in new zealand Dollars (don't have an exchange rate in my head)
Cars being in a "far away" country often have way higher prices as it includes shipping, taxes, duties etcetc

yes, you write bull puckey.
you should read this book
Already did so I don't have to.

We're talking semantics here.

se·man·tics (s-mntks)
n. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
1. Linguistics The study or science of meaning in language.
2. Linguistics The study of relationships between signs and symbols and what they represent. Also called semasiology.
3. The meaning or the interpretation of a word, sentence, or other language form: We're basically agreed; let's not quibble over semantics.

There was not a Police Package with an option code designating it as so.
The 400 cu. in 205 hp engine with dual exhausts and no cats was an option for cop use.
So were buckets seats. Have you ever seen bucket seats in a 74-78 Newport. Never. But why do you think they were available?

A couple of old timers ready for retirement in the marketing department just could not let go, I guess.

Are you a banker or a lawyer?

Last edited:
According to the rate today on google, its .82 for every U.S. Dollar. If the car is still at 14000 NZ that should be $11480 U.S. It is still over priced....and its a clone.

Already did so I don't have to.

ok, we are in the same line on that matter

The 400 cu. in 205 hp engine with dual exhausts and no cats was an option for cop use.
So were buckets seats. Have you ever seen bucket seats in a 74-78 Newport. Never. But why do you think they were available?

engine E64 seems to have been available for everyone on the Newport models (databook)
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com...pDataBook/1974/74_Chrysler_engineering_12.jpg
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1974/74_Chrysler_0019.jpg

bucket seats: No, I can not remember having seen any old cop car with bucket seats ever. They ALWAYS have benches

What documents do you have that these options are for "cops only"?
Facts, not predictions, please

Carsten

I'm through with this debate.

If Deputy Sheriff Fife wanted a 1975 Chrysler Newport patrol car, he ordered a 1975 Chrysler Newport and had Goober paint it down at Wally's.
OH! He could have had buckets seats from the factory too, had he specified specifically for them.
Trouble was, Al, the owner of Mt. Pilot Chrysler-Plymouth wasn't even aware he could do that. Had to call the District Manager in Charlotte to find out how...

Last edited:
If Deputy Sheriff Fife wanted a 1975 Chrysler Newport patrol car, he ordered a 1975 Chrysler Newport and had Goober paint it down at Wally's.
OH! He could have had buckets seats, too.

that is correct a local sheriff could order any kind of car and use it as a cop car.

I didn't left it out as I quotet it.

But these Sheriff cars have nothing to do with police packages, "police only" stuff etc

There was not a Police Package with an option code designating it as so

You are correct. The A38 police package option code did not appear until a couple of years later. The good thing about cop cars from that era is that they are easily identified by a K VON.

'75-78 Newport theoretically offered but never seen one.

IIR the story correctly, this car was used by a HP officer. I was shooting a picture of a Coronet we parted out after this auction and the car is in the background.

75_CH41_800.jpg
75_CH41_E86_D34_EW1_182179_K_VON_800.jpg

75_CH41_800.jpg

75_CH41_E86_D34_EW1_182179_K_VON_800.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. I like this car but don't know if they ever made them.

I'm through with this debate.

If Deputy Sheriff Fife wanted a 1975 Chrysler Newport patrol car, he ordered a 1975 Chrysler Newport and had Goober paint it down at Wally's...

Seems to have been a shift in the debate, as the original question was if it was a factory police car.

The ad says it is a period correct clone...

If there was a factory police package the data plate would reflect so, if not the title itself, not just an engine code.

I had a factory Police car and there was no guess work about it...

Copy of IMG_0778.jpg

Copy of IMG_0778.jpg

Back