June 24th, 2023 - 7th Annual C Body Show at Volo

sixpkrt

Reaction score
7th Annual Car Show Flyer New.png

As everyone's calendars are beginning to get filled up with their local & national car show plans for this year, I figured it's time to get the 7th Annual C Body Show posted, along with the flyer and registration link for this year's event.
Previously mentioned in the other post, Volo Auto Museum was selected as the best location for this event because of the location and the venue. If you have not visited their museum, I recommend you take time to go through the many buildings they have on the property. It's like no other place.
For those who have not previously attended, the reserved parking area for our classic cars & wagons will be parked on grass. There are many trees for those who want to find a spot in the shade, and as in the past, there is no entry fee to participate. If coming to the event as a spectator, the museum's parking lot is just a few steps from the show field.

I also want to mention, in addition the C Body Show on June 24th, there will be another Mopar Show the next day. About 5 miles from the Volo Auto Museum, on June 25, the Chicagoland Mopar Connection will be having their "Mopars at the Park" Car Show at Veterans Park in Fox Lake, IL.
There will be a lot to see at these two shows if you're planning to make it a full weekend in the area.

Finally, it is important you register for the car show through the QR code on the flyer. I have changed the layout to help me keep better track or the number of vehicles and people who will be in attendance.
A few days before the show, food will be ordered and brought to the museum grounds for attendees, based on these counts.

Below is a link for directions to Volo:

Post any questions you may have to this tread or send me a PM.
If anyone wants to post the 7th Annual C Body show flyer on the various C Body Facebook sites, feel free to do so.

All the best.
Tim sixpkrt

Last edited by a moderator:
@sixpkrt -- wonderful news, thank you for setting this up!

I shall make every effort to join. Wok might interfere, but I hope not. If I can make it, then my plan is to bring three 1970 Polara 'verts (red/white/blue turquoise). @71Polara383 has a fourth and knows a few more owners, and it'd be cool to break the standing record for the most “Last Convertible senior Dodges” at a show.

PS: I don't use QR, if you have a web link that one can access through a computer, sharing the link would be great.

Last edited:
@ayilar
There is no website.
The QR code is safe.
You can post your attendance here on this thread, but if you're unsure whether or not you will be able to make the show because of your work schedule, just notify me when closer to to date through this thread.
Hope that helps

Just signed up! I finally attended last year for the first time and brought the 1966 Chrysler New Yorker survivor. Since I sold that car, I registered the 1959 DeSoto Fireflite unless a miracle happens and I get my '66 Fury III survivor back on the road by then (needs internal motor work besides brakes and exhaust, so I'm not holding my breath).

View attachment 581771
As everyone's calendars are beginning to get filled up with their local & national car show plans for this year, I figured it's time to get the 7th Annual C Body Show posted, along with the flyer and registration link for this year's event.
Previously mentioned in the other post, Volo Auto Museum was selected as the best location for this event because of the location and the venue. If you have not visited their museum, I recommend you take time to go through the many buildings they have on the property. It's like no other place.
For those who have not previously attended, the reserved parking area for our classic cars & wagons will be parked on grass. There are many trees for those who want to find a spot in the shade, and as in the past, there is no entry fee to participate. If coming to the event as a spectator, the museum's parking lot is just a few steps from the show field.

I also want to mention, in addition the C Body Show on June 24th, there will be another Mopar Show the next day. About 5 miles from the Volo Auto Museum, on June 25, the Chicagoland Mopar Connection will be having their "Mopars at the Park" Car Show at Veterans Park in Fox Lake, IL.
There will be a lot to see at these two shows if you're planning to make it a full weekend in the area.

Finally, it is important you register for the car show through the QR code on the flyer. I have changed the layout to help me keep better track or the number of vehicles and people who will be in attendance.
A few days before the show, food will be ordered and brought to the museum grounds for attendees, based on these counts.

Below is a link for directions to Volo:

Post any questions you may have to this tread or send me a PM.
If anyone wants to post the 7th Annual C Body show flyer on the various C Body Facebook sites, feel free to do so.
Lastly, @Joeychgo can you make this thread a sticky?

All the best.
Tim sixpkrt
I got signed up, looking forward to it!

You know I am coming..
Been gathering up parts for Grace the Monaco. Gotta get cracking on her for the long haul.

20221121_124224.jpg

The only car show I don't need to use vacation for. I'll definitely be there.

We're still holding at 8 cars. I know, I know, it's still early, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

BTW, shouldn't this thread, the 2023 Carlisle thread and the Mopars Park thread for 2023 replace the 2022 sticky threads?
@Joeychgo @Toolmanmike

We're still holding at 8 cars. I know, I know, it's still early, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

BTW, shouldn't this thread, the 2023 Carlisle thread and the Mopars Park thread for 2023 replace the 2022 sticky threads?
@Joeychgo @Toolmanmike
This one is a sticky. I see 10 threads about 2023 shows and as long as 2023 is in the title they are very easy to find. I don't see a need to have them all be a sticky unless Joey wants them there.

Last edited:
How many C Body owners are tired of hearing their car is only worth $2500?
We all know they're worth more, sometimes, a lot more. But what are these classics actually worth in today's world?
I've been in contact with Volo Auto Museum, and through my discussions with them learned they do classic automobile appraisals on site.

This would be a good opportunity to get a true value for your vehicle on paper, which not only will help with a future "for-sale" listing if you ever decide to sell your ride but can also support the "Agreed Value" on your classic car insurance coverage.

The cost to have Volo Auto Museum to have your vehicle appraised is $175.00.
If anyone would be interested in having their vehicle appraised on the day of the 7th annual C Body Show, feel free contact Volo Auto Museum directly, as I am not involved with any of their scheduling nor share in the cost of their appraisal service.

You can also have your vehicle appraised online here: Classic Car Appraisal Services - Classic Car Appraisal Online | Volo Museum

How many C Body owners are tired of hearing their car is only worth $2500?
We all know they're worth more, sometimes, a lot more. But what are these classics actually worth in today's world?
I've been in contact with Volo Auto Museum, and through my discussions with them learned they do classic automobile appraisals on site.

This would be a good opportunity to get a true value for your vehicle on paper, which not only will help with a future "for-sale" listing if you ever decide to sell your ride but can also support the "Agreed Value" on your classic car insurance coverage.

The cost to have Volo Auto Museum to have your vehicle appraised is $175.00.
If anyone would be interested in having their vehicle appraised on the day of the 7th annual C Body Show, feel free contact Volo Auto Museum directly, as I am not involved with any of their scheduling nor share in the cost of their appraisal service.

You can also have your vehicle appraised online here: Classic Car Appraisal Services - Classic Car Appraisal Online | Volo Museum
They would look cross eyed at mine, but for legitimate cars I would think they'd do a volume discount if a number of guys were interested

Volo Auto Museum has added the annual C Body Show to their lineup of events for 2023.
With 103 days until our annual meet, this should help get some traction.

Going through the list one more time, there are 11 cars registered for the show.
Including this thread and the one from last October when the show date was first posted, there are another possible 7 to 8 cars coming so far that have not registered.
In addition, I know of 6 others that will be there for sure, but haven't registered their vehicle(s) yet, raising the count up to somewhere around 24 to 25 cars/wagons. Thats a pretty respectable number, especially with 3 more months to go.

Besides registering for the show through the QR code, you can also send PM me on this forum.
If sending a PM be sure to include Yr/Make/Model of your vehicle and how many guests will be in your party.

I’m seriously thinking about coming to the show as a spectator.

Is there a preferred motel near the show? If not, any recommendations as to where to stay?

Is there a FCBO meet and greet scheduled like at MN show? If I’m making the drive, I want to make sure I meet some of you.

I’m seriously thinking about coming to the show as a spectator.

Is there a preferred motel near the show? If not, any recommendations as to where to stay?

Is there a FCBO meet and greet scheduled like at MN show? If I’m making the drive, I want to make sure I meet some of you.
I have stayed in Rockford with @73Coupe -- which is about 45' SW of Volo and near where @71Polara383 is at. That year, @73Coupe flew from CA to Chicago and then rented a car to meet me at Wyatt's. On Tim's show day, @73Coupe drove Medina (my '71 Monaco 2dr) while I drove Regina FQ3 (my turquoise 1970 Polara 'vert). It was great, all the more so that Wyatt came along with two of his cars.

You and I could do the same thing this year. If you want to meet me in Rockford the Friday before the show, then on the day of the show I'd be happy to let you drive one of my C-bodies from Wyatt's to Volo and back in tandem with me. I'll send you a PM.

Edit: that was in 2021, here are some pics I took.

Last edited:
Back