Just over it!

FuryDan66

Reaction score
So I have spent the last several and I mean several months working on my 66 fury. It seems each and every ******* time something gets fixed something else goes wrong lol. So now driving down the road if I make a left hand turn (mostly) she starts to sputter and break up and will eventually get better but then I may or may not be able to hard accelerate. I've cleaned out the carb like in sprayed not taken apart. I've replaced the fuel filter and I know the fuel pump is working bc when I disconnect it , it will pump fuel into a can.
Now I've checked the plugs and they by no means look even close to being fuel fouled at all. So could this be a stuck fuel float ? The lines from the gas tank are all metal so they can't be crack and letting air into the line. Just lost as to what on God's green earth is her ******* problem.. Now that I blew steam off I feel a little better lol.

Seriously, if you notice, f-bombs are not accepted in this forum. We do have all kinds here and try to keep it somewhat civil.

please no further F bombing thanks.
It does sound like the dirt is in more than just the fuel bowl here... :lol:

Are these complaints about the F bomb for real or are you all being ironic or sarcastic?

So is everyone then thinking possibly the floats? Just don't understand one min running fine and the next this I guess.

Those guys know a lot more than me, but having just dealt with a clogged sending unit sock, my mind goes there. My fuel pump also pumped fuel but at only half the adequate rate. With the clog cleared, it pumps 4x more per minute.

I've cleaned out the carb like in sprayed not taken apart. I've replaced the fuel filter and I know the fuel pump is working bc when I disconnect it , it will pump fuel into a can.

I would check and go through the carb and check fuel psi. Just because the fuel pump pumps doesn't mean it will pump with any psi unless you check it.

I would tend to agree about the dirty or sticking float. The quality of floats has gone down just like everything else that is out sourced overseas.

What type of carb is it?

Are these complaints about the F bomb for real or are you all being ironic or sarcastic?
They are for real. I personally appreciate the restraint because my young children like to look at the site with me. I want to continue to encourage their interest in the hobby.

It's an Edelbrock 600 carb, so I'll check the fuel pressure as well as the floats this weekend.
Thanks,
Dan (AKA Dirty Dan) lol :rofl:

They are for real. I personally appreciate the restraint because my young children like to look at the site with me. I want to continue to encourage their interest in the hobby.
I agree. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of foul language (even though I occasionally use it). It's just that so many horrid things are said on this bulletin board, with few objections. The hue and cry over a bad word surprised me. And even speaking of just foul language, and not offensive statements, there are nine pages of search results for the F word. It seems inconsistent to complain about this instance, but maybe complaints were raised to the other uses of the word. But in short, I agree we should avoid foul language.

My truck would hardly run, 318-2, new gasket and needle and seat, runs like a top and pops off instantly. Clean/rebuild the carb and enjoy the drive.

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of foul language (even though I occasionally use it). It's just that so many horrid things are said on this bulletin board, with few objections. The hue and cry over a bad word surprised me. And even speaking of just foul language, and not offensive statements, there are nine pages of search results for the F word. It seems inconsistent to complain about this instance, but maybe complaints were raised to the other uses of the word. But in short, I agree we should avoid foul language.
There is a little more leeway given in cases of passion... but, yes it's a good policy to follow.

There is a little more leeway given in cases of passion... but, yes it's a good policy to follow.
I gave up policing it a year or two ago but I still don’t like to read it. I swear like a sailor constantly out loud but I’m usually by myself....

Back